DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is it a waste of time to order the Mavic on Amazon?

New to the drone world of RC - old time RC buggy racer. Now I have a son that is loving flying his UDI drone and wants to move up to a Mavic Pro. As others are - I am looking for them online - I see Newegg has them as combo fly more sets but they look very expensive - just the Mavic looks to be out of stock. I talked with areialmediapros tonight on the phone and they said there is a pretty large list of back orders for them - they get 24 tomorrow but they are all spoken for and do not expect their next shipment of 12 each week or so to start back up for another 2 weeks as China goes on vacation...

A little winded but if you are eager to get one now and pay a little extra it looks like there are a few out there. I myself will keep searching and making phone calls to confirm in stock status means in stock before pressing the buy button.

Cheers.

Just saw due to another post and purchased -
Fly More available at RC Depot Hobbies

Last edited:
I just live Chatted with Apple also. 8 to 10 weeks out there too. Screen Shot 2017-01-03 at 7.31.14 PM.png

So I'm sticking with Amazon. Ordered yesterday, and they said they expect to ship out by Feb 10

Reactions: Deer_Predator
Just saw due to another post and purchased -
Fly More available at RC Depot Hobbies

Well as of Jan 4th at 12 noon EST that website says Pre-Order Only.
I think DJI hands out maybe 100 of these a day and maybe 40 reach the USA. Pure speculation on My part but I see people posting that they saw one at Best Buy and the another guy saying a local store got in 3. Then a week later it's the same story.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jw312569