DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is it me or was there a price increase?

Droniac

*see avatar: I’ve Crashed more than a Drone 🙄
Reactions
Just peaking about and saw the price of the Mavic Pro 2 on Zon which I recall (without looking for receipts etc) paying a lot less!! With the flymore pkg. too. Or… is this simply the long term effects of the 70’s??? Godspeed, Droniac ? Yup Droniac

Ima find out what I paid. Hmmm🤔

Reactions: MARK (LI)
The DJI A2+SC bundle is still the same price I paid months ago (Amazon).

Reactions: Droniac
The DJI A2+SC bundle is still the same price I paid months ago (Amazon).
Thanks. Still want to confirm what I think to what I think I think. Sigh. Godspeed, Droniac

I haven't looked at the M2Z specifically, but virtually everything is more expensive now due to pandemic-related global shortages of manufacturing capacity, shipping capacity (and port offloading capacity - LA harbor is a good example), labor shortages, and cost of labor.

The electronics and semiconductor industries are particularly affected, and that has a trickle down effect into all kinds of products, including things like vehicles. Demand for some products (in particular computer parts, PS5's, etc.) has been at Black Friday levels for many months in a row, so combined with limited supply, it creates a very frustrating scenario for consumers, exaggerated by the fact that scalpers are buying up much of the stock.

I don't have an answer for you specifically, but I would just say as a general rule, expect everything to be more expensive than it may normally be over the next while. Most estimates have the current situation dragging on until end of 2022 or so in terms of consumer goods.

The average cost of a shipping container, for example, went from around $5,000 to $25,000 from Asia to North America since July of 2020. That is just one of many variables that ultimately determine a MSRP.

If you hurry, you can buy a new Pro with a 59AH battery over on Amazon! lmao.
Battery Capacity59.29 Amp Hours

I just checked on Amazon . . . this can't be right? Mavic 2 Pro - standard kit and controller plus one battery is listed at 2,368.00!!! They show another listing that is just the aircraft (no batteries, controller, props or charger) and that is 1,599.99!

I paid 1,427.00 for the standard kit and got over 300.00 in free stuff about a year and a half ago.

I just checked on Amazon . . . this can't be right? Mavic 2 Pro - standard kit and controller plus one battery is listed at 2,368.00!!! They show another listing that is just the aircraft (no batteries, controller, props or charger) and that is 1,599.99!

I paid 1,427.00 for the standard kit and got over 300.00 in free stuff about a year and a half ago.

Make sure it's shipped from and sold by Amazon - most of the time those outrageous prices are from third party sellers trying to take advantage of less knowledgeable folks, or out of country sellers who have included absurd shipping and exchange rates in their pricing.

Make sure it's shipped from and sold by Amazon - most of the time those outrageous prices are from third party sellers trying to take advantage of less knowledgeable folks, or out of country sellers who have included absurd shipping and exchange rates in their pricing.

Both of those were a DJI listing. Amazon has done a good job of cleaning out 'those types of dealers' - E-bay, not so much but I do agree that one should be cautious when buying a drone from either of those two sites. I have a trusted source for all my gear that I have been using for over 20 years (B&H) but they have no listing for the 2 Pro.

I have a 2 Pro but I was just curious about price when I saw this thread.

Well... It's not you.

Ever since the discontinuation they increased their prices, especially on the Mavic 2 pro.

No godspeed. Just subsonic.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
I haven't looked at the M2Z specifically, but virtually everything is more expensive now due to pandemic-related global shortages of manufacturing capacity, shipping capacity (and port offloading capacity - LA harbor is a good example), labor shortages, and cost of labor.

The electronics and semiconductor industries are particularly affected, and that has a trickle down effect into all kinds of products, including things like vehicles. Demand for some products (in particular computer parts, PS5's, etc.) has been at Black Friday levels for many months in a row, so combined with limited supply, it creates a very frustrating scenario for consumers, exaggerated by the fact that scalpers are buying up much of the stock.

I don't have an answer for you specifically, but I would just say as a general rule, expect everything to be more expensive than it may normally be over the next while. Most estimates have the current situation dragging on until end of 2022 or so in terms of consumer goods.

The average cost of a shipping container, for example, went from around $5,000 to $25,000 from Asia to North America since July of 2020. That is just one of many variables that ultimately determine a MSRP.
Truly interesting. I feel you have, in fact answered my question comprehensively. I’m aware of it although your comparisons bring it more to light. (Btw appologies as we frequent it so often we refer to Zon for AmaZon). Thanks for taking the time. Appreciated. Godspeed, Droniac

Reactions: CanadaDrone
Both of those were a DJI listing. Amazon has done a good job of cleaning out 'those types of dealers' - E-bay, not so much but I do agree that one should be cautious when buying a drone from either of those two sites. I have a trusted source for all my gear that I have been using for over 20 years (B&H) but they have no listing for the 2 Pro.

Oh Ok, fair enough then - I agree it's a bit strange that it's *that* high.

On Amazon Canada, they don't clean up those second-retailers very well, it's a bit of a minefield for those not used to Amazon.

Love B&H. I don’t like their crash and burn flysafe coverage as it is direct through DJI but that’s another tale. I own the M2P. But saw the price and said with M3P coming it’s increasing the M2P value?. Odd. My abacus says it’s a weird play. So I’m chewing on it for a bit. Just thought it’s interesting. Keep in mind I’m the guy who occasionally checks to see if M2P batteries will decrease in price. 🤨 Godspeed, Droniac

Added: I am aware M3P is not a “step up” drone. The price difference as reported suggests that, i think. The prices were surprisingly higher on the M3P reports than we would have thought (speaking for us all, lol. Yes, “The Borg” too) based on past product pricing. Although it could just be me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ty Pilot
virtually everything is more expensive now due to pandemic-related global shortages of manufacturing capacity, shipping capacity (and port offloading capacity - LA harbor is a good example), labor shortages, and cost of labor.

Yep.
Here, a Toyota Landcruiser 4WD a few years old, low km, cared for, will sell for more than a new one.
The wait is that long.

Another thing with web based selling sites, if they run out of stock, they keep the ad live by putting a hyper high price on the item, knowing no one will order.
When stock comes back in, they edit the price to normal.

The dealer I frequent (claims to be the largest DJI dealer in Canada) is sold out of the regular M2P and M2Z. They only show the M2P with SC at $2369CDN ($1920USD) but I’m not sure what the original list price was for that package. I paid $1249USD + tax for my M2Z

I want to give you guys some advice the next time you buy a D.J.I. Product
do yourself a favor buy your future Drone Direct from the D.J.I. store on line
only !!!
Why do I say this. 1. They have your bill of sale
2. You can purchase an extended warranty
3. You can get a better price.
4. You can Search for Refurbished Products.
Now I know someone is going to disagree but over all they will give you better
service, Best Buy, Costco, and other outlet Stores just cannot compete.

only !!!
Hi! I’m someone. Lmao. Appreciate the advice. I’m not trying to be purposely contrary (although out of fairness you felt it comin’) but in my experience I can get the same warranty. The bill of sale would have would be legitimate and represent the purchase. These are not a fragmented people as they pretty well price fix as best I can tell, shy of fluctuations in package deals and the rewards from accessories which is a huge industry as we know. Price on open box, again can do else wear also. Service is a coin flip to me. With the exception of a group who have a shop in New Jersey. If I crash and burn I’d rather get repairs with a fair shake from the forum affiliates. Never needed to but after I did a bit of research it was an easy call. (I called).

Id use DDS with cert techs by DJI. Seems evident that they have the recipe for doing the right thing in every phase with consistency. That’s my position. I do respect your take but to each his own I suppose. Fly safe. Have fun & Godspeed, Droniac

If I’m not mistaken there’s is a MavicPilot discount offered.

only !!!
I always buy my consumer DJI products directly from DJI. I don’t pay exchange rate fees with my AMEX so it ends up being cheaper for me. I usually buy my accessories through a Canadian dealer though

Update: I paid 2499$ for the M2P with Smart Controller with the all inclusive package beyond fkymore (go big it go home theory) with hard case, soft case, filters, 3 extra batteries, the 4 battery charger, back scratcher, etc. Things have in fact changed.

CURRENTLY:
The M2P with standard remote currently for $2368.00.
M2P w/smart controller and micro sd $3049

Note: prices above taken directly from Amazon. And from DJI.

Flysafe & Godspeed, Droniac

Note: DJI as distributed on Amazon. I did not look at the DJI Store although other than the “packages”bit might prove similar.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000