DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is it possible to avoid the remote to charge the mobile?

gianni_BT

Reactions
As a default, when you connect the Mavic Air remote controller to the mobile, part of the remote battery is used to fully charge and maintain fully charged your mobile. Is there any option to avoid this?

Reactions: Ds67888
I'm assuming you are using an Android 'mobile' device - yes? Go4 has a setting that stops the controller charging your phone - but that only seems to work if your phone is Apple iOS. I use a Huawei P10 [Android] phone and it pops a window with 3 options when I connect to the controller (using a cable plugged into the lower USB2.0 port). If I choose the 'File Transfer only' option, then I don't get any controller battery drain. I'm not sure if that window is proprietary to Huawei, or if it's dependent on the version of Android the phone's running, but it is really useful!
There is a setting in my Android; Settings / System / Developer Options - where there is a 'switch' to turn on a feature 'Always prompt when connecting to USB' ... If you have that available to you, it may be what you want ... You' should then get the pop-up window with the options each time you connect the controller to your phone ...

Thanks for the reply. In fact my previous Samsung had the options you are mentioning. It seems these options are not more available in my Samsung A6, at least in the italian version. I will double check in the various setting menus if I can find it-

I can't answer your question but speaking from my own experience, I don't think it makes that much of a difference whether the RC is charging the phone or not as long as your phone has a charge of 60% or more to begin with. I can go through 5 - 7 batteries (landing with 20% - 30% battery) before I need to charge the RC again. That is plenty enough for me not to worry about it. I don't know what the power draw on the RC is when the phone is charging from it but I don't think it is significant. If someone who uses an Apple device could chime in, how many flights does your RC last on one charge?

Reactions: Butterfly Copper
I only get 3-4 flights with M2 remote.

I suspect the issue is that the native Android OS doesn't have an API for charge control. Some manufacturers may have hacked the OS at root level to provide the function but not at app level so Go can't make use of it.

I used to think the control was at the RC providing the power but I rethought that. Besides, USB specs say a host is supposed to provide 500mA power and some Androids may be expecting power on the USB to activate it.

You can use a third party app which it may be found in google play store.
With this app you can dissengage battery charging operation. It works fine. But remember to reactivate charging after fly, especially in a phone with a non removable battery, cause if your battery runs dry and your phone is closed, there will be difficult to reactivate charging in order to resurrect your device.
Have in mind the most of it's kind of apps needs a rooted phone, but not all nessecary.

I've also got the option of delelopment options but alas it doesn't work, and the remote continues to charge the phone, which i must admit is a pain, i never realised it did so until i read this post. samsumng galaxy s10

Galaxy Tab A drains as well. I lose a light with just one flight.

You can use a third party app which it may be found in google play store.
With this app you can dissengage battery charging operation. It works fine. But remember to reactivate charging after fly, especially in a phone with a non removable battery, cause if your battery runs dry and your phone is closed, there will be difficult to reactivate charging in order to resurrect your device.
Have in mind the most of it's kind of apps needs a rooted phone, but not all nessecary.
Thenkyou for your suggestion. However the app you refer to requires the phone in root mode and this makes the phone warranty invalid.

It was found a 560 ohm resistor in line with the red (power +) works. Resistor doesn't have to be exact.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54