DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is it really bright enough???

I have the 5.5 best purchase for the Mavic yet, I flew in 95 degree weather my iPhone and iPad just shut down but my crystalsky worked with no problem at all highly recommended.

The CS is a nice piece of work, just hate the way DJI made it proprietary and not allow 3rd party apps, I love Litchi for pre-setting missions form my desktop and the easy interface flying them.

Besides that CS owners are the long lost children of DJI in that they seem to care less about keep our FW updated, still running G4 - 4.1.6 while everyone else is enjoying the latest features in IOS 4.1.11 and Droid 4.1.10 !!!

The sun glare on very phone and tablet I own has been horrific! This is easily one of the single most frustrating issues of flying on a clear, bright day. I have invested in more shade hoods than I know. I have tried 5" phones, 7 and 10" tablets. Nothing works. I've even done research on the goggles options available - and that's not too many for the Mavic. The Glyphs seem like the best option at this point, but they are pretty pricey too. I even bought a used nVidia Shield for the setup. Urgh!

I may need to do more investigating of the CS monitors. They seem like an alternative too, but at a hefty price tag as well.

Reactions: superdave5050
The sun glare on very phone and tablet I own has been horrific! This is easily one of the single most frustrating issues of flying on a clear, bright day. I have invested in more shade hoods than I know. I have tried 5" phones, 7 and 10" tablets. Nothing works. I've even done research on the goggles options available - and that's not too many for the Mavic. The Glyphs seem like the best option at this point, but they are pretty pricey too. I even bought a used nVidia Shield for the setup. Urgh!

I may need to do more investigating of the CS monitors. They seem like an alternative too, but at a hefty price tag as well.
Yes they are pricey, but they work awesome in bright light, the 5.5" is 1000nit brightness and the ultra versions in the 7.85" are 2000nit ( they are just now coming available) I posted this in an earlier thread.

I have the 5.5" mainly use it to adjust setting in the app as it is great in direct sunlight, but here is my trick, It has a full size HDMI out @ 1080p, I bought a cheap 13" 12 VDC LCD TV ( No Glare, Light as a feather ) TV with a full size HDMI In, I power it using a portable Mini Max 12,000 mah charger ( Lasts all day ), plug the Crystal Sky into the TV, set up a small folding table & beach chair, pour my favorite beverage and fly away. The picture on the TV is great and allows for third party viewing as well.

DJI is very slow with keeping up with updates for the CS as compared to IOS/Android.

Reactions: Dronemeister
I have both the standard brightness of the 5.5 and the super bright Ultra. There is a significant difference between the two screens.
I take a lot of still images and being able to examine the detail is worth having the extra brightness.
HOWEVER - the CS is not able to view the raw images taken by the Mavic Pro. I had to revert to taking both JPG and RAW images. We need to be able to review the quality of a RAW image on the screen when it is captured.

I have both the standard brightness of the 5.5 and the super bright Ultra. There is a significant difference between the two screens.
I take a lot of still images and being able to examine the detail is worth having the extra brightness.
HOWEVER - the CS is not able to view the raw images taken by the Mavic Pro. I had to revert to taking both JPG and RAW images. We need to be able to review the quality of a RAW image on the screen when it is captured.
I can't believe you can't review raw images on these, for the cost you think it would.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seaphotos