DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is it true that you can't force turn off your Mavic while in the air?

Macabre

Reactions
I've been flying for a few weeks now and always scared of that stick combo (I think there's two?) where you turn props off. I don't want to accidentally do it while flying.
But then I read somewhere that you can't turn it off while it's flying. Can someone confirm?

Edit:
Mavic Pro in question, but I think all DJI drones have that stick combo.

Last edited:
you can turn it off mid air with the same command from what i know. ive seen videos of people attaining a great height and then shutting down the motors to drop altitude quickly

There's a setting about the stick combo being available at all times or "only in case of malfunction".
I consider it a safety requirement to always have access to it becasue I don't trust DJI to correctly assess a "malfunction"...

Reactions: WithTheBirds
That's crazy, is there no way to turn this off?

Relax. No one ever does the CSC by mistake. You would have to be flying full backwards, down, strafing and turning max speed all at the same time. If you fly like that you are going to loose the bird anyway.

That's crazy, is there no way to turn this off?
No. it's a safety (liability) issue. There may be a time when a person needs to be able to turn off those nose cutting blades while the drone is in flight.

It wasn't my flight, the operator initiated a CSC in flight, by mistake??..

I have not been able to turn the motors off while in flight
I tried the sticks down and in, and down an out. No action other than spinning and decending

I’d like to see a recording of bird being shut off and turned back on from an operators point of view. I have a hard time believing that the MP or phantom doesn’t cart-wheel after being shut off....
not saying it can’t just float down level, just would like to see it.
A real helicopter can stay right side up, so I guess the quad can too?

*Edit
I did follow that link to a video showing the CSC, but I’d wouldn’t mind seeing a better side view [emoji6]

Last edited:
I have not been able to turn the motors off while in flight
I tried the sticks down and in, and down an out. No action other than spinning and decending

im sure its in the app, emergency shut off, however if the quad turns upside down then the motors wont start unless you change the firmware parameters, this can be done ive seen many posts on the subject along with increasing speed etc

I’d like to see a recording of bird being shut off and turned back on from an operators point of view. I have a hard time believing that the MP or phantom doesn’t cart-wheel after being shut off....
not saying it can’t just float down level, just would like to see it.
A real helicopter can stay right side up, so I guess the quad can too?

*Edit
I did follow that link to a video showing the CSC, but I’d wouldn’t mind seeing a better side view [emoji6]

this one inverts whilst falling, but yes, the air passing through the props will cause them to spin and offer some lift and stability

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS