DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is It Worthwhile To Buy A Drone Right Now?

DevilsLuck

Reactions
With this DJI ban lurking in the shadows, with very little, and ever changing information about it... Is it a bad decision to spend the money on a DJI drone right now? I was looking at the Mini 4 Pro, but worry that it'll be n OK thing but a paperweight in short order. How are the rest of you approaching new drone purchases?

(IMHO) If you're planning on buying a DJI drone, buying now is important as most likely if a ban is placed it would be on any new imports

With this DJI ban lurking in the shadows, with very little, and ever changing information about it... Is it a bad decision to spend the money on a DJI drone right now? I was looking at the Mini 4 Pro, but worry that it'll be n OK thing but a paperweight in short order. How are the rest of you approaching new drone purchases?
You should be fine buying the Mini 4 Pro; nothing bad is going to happen to it if all you intend to do is fly for fun. I wouldn't buy a dozen for my commercial business fleet right now but a recreational flyer won't have any immediate issues. However, every day you wait, that answer might start to change. ;)

Reactions: DevilsLuck
You should be fine buying the Mini 4 Pro; nothing bad is going to happen to it if all you intend to do is fly for fun. I wouldn't buy a dozen for my commercial business fleet right now but a recreational flyer won't have any immediate issues. However, every day you wait, that answer might start to change. ;)
What about any of tje larger drones. I also flirted with the idea of the Avata2?

What about any of tje larger drones. I also flirted with the idea of the Avata2?

The current legislation that passed the house, and the separate and substantially different Senate bill do not "ban" or otherwise ground existing DJI drones in the US. So buy whatever you like, it will be fine.

If the House bill were to become law, DJI would not be able to get FCC and other agency approval for new models and products.

As stated here and numerous areas on this forum, the ban is for government funded entities ONLY. Unless you are being funded by Uncle Sam, you are free to buy whatever you want.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
r0xt4r