DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is land and rth the same?

Frylikebird

Reactions
I've been getting disconnection lately, total 3 times in plain open area with some trees 150m away from me. Samsung s8 with the standard controller. Everything updated. The RC Pro is perfect though.

@Frylikebird ,can you explain in what context would you think land and RTH would be the same

Yes , they mean the same thing, RTH is the automation of landing with the push of the button to your registered home point. Some use the RTH in hope of landing directly on there take off point, but is should just be used to get you back close to the Home Point and cancel and land your drone on your own for a more precise landing spot if need be.

You might want to Change you Transmission setting to Manual and choose to see what gives you the best results if your loosing signal , or do you mean your RC is shutting down.

We use RTH several times during a single flight for quick orientation of the drone.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water .

Reactions: Frylikebird
Yes , they mean the same thing, RTH is the automation of landing with the push of the button to your registered home point. Some use the RTH in hope of landing directly on there take off point, but is should just be used to get you back close to the Home Point and cancel and land your drone on your own for a more precise landing spot if need be.

You might want to Change you Transmission setting to Manual and choose to see what gives you the best results if your loosing signal , or do you mean your RC is shutting down.

We use RTH several times during a single flight for quick orientation of the drone.

Phantomrain.org
No, they are NOT the same! Land means land at the current location. RTH means ascend to preset RTH altitude(unless already there or above) then return to the recorded home point. There is also the option to hover.

but is should just be used to get you back close to the Home Point and cancel and land your drone on your own for a more precise landing spot if need be.
My two drones Mavic Air and M2Z have landed within two feet of the takeoff point for years when I would press RTH for testing. I've only needed it once with a lost signal, same result.

Phantomrain.org
When I used the standard controller and the m3 lost signal it would it say "landing" 500m away and I would panicked, so I kept pressing RTH but the m3 would still say landing even though it wasn't anywhere near home point yet.

When I used the standard controller and the m3 lost signal it would it say "landing" 500m away and I would panicked, so I kept pressing RTH but the m3 would still say landing even though it wasn't anywhere near home point yet.
You might check the lost signal action setting in the Fly app. It sounds like you may have it set to "land" rather than "RTH."

And have a look in the manual at how the RTH function set. Once it's engaged, an additional button press will cancel it.

You might check the lost signal action setting in the Fly app. It sounds like you may have it set to "land" rather than "RTH."

And have a look in the manual at how the RTH function set. Once it's engaged, an additional button press will cancel it.
I have it on rth

Reactions: MS Coast
If you've lost signal, the controller wouldn't have any indication that the drone was landing and pushing controller buttons wouldn't have any effect.

There could be a simple explanation to this.
If you want to get to the bottom of this incident and find out what really happened, you need to post your recorded flight data.

Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report of the flight.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.
Or .. just post the txt file here.

Reactions: Frylikebird
If you've lost signal, the controller wouldn't have any indication that the drone was landing and pushing controller buttons wouldn't have any effect.

There could be a simple explanation to this.
If you want to get to the bottom of this incident and find out what really happened, you need to post your recorded flight data.

Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report of the flight.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.
Or .. just post the txt file here.
Thankyou

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929