DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is Mavic 3 as "Waterproof" as Mavic 2?

Good Point.

I Remember thinking after we made the Wet Suit for that Mavic Pro drone that the Mavic 2 would surely solve the Water in the Battery issue .

We flew the Mavic 2 Zoom in the Pouring Rain and in less than 3 minutes had Water in the Battery and a warning that the Battery had disconnected from the Controller after it came down. That was enough Proof of concept for me.

Since than we now have over 300 videos posted and 5000 posts on the subject on this forum and the Website .
The evidence shows the battery and the power button are the two #1 aspects of flying your drone in the Rain. .

Once we solved that we were able to land very low into the water which is when the Rescue Jackets were created.
The Rescue jackets work well with the Wet Suits and allow for some amazing feats on the water with them.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Capture the storm and Land on the Water.

So, is that a no to both my questions then? Not trying to be rude at all, just asking.

Regarding the M2, I'm surprised DJI didn't just put a gasket under the power button on the battery and another one under the battery itself, sealing it around the contacts with the pressure from the battery installation. Though I suppose if their stance is not to fly in the rain at all, I guess it's technically not needed.

I installed and removed.. none of my attachments fit and folded it won't fit in my case.. for me it was wasted money..
I love the heck out of my wetsuits for the Mavic Pro but it is a legit point that the legs don’t fold in as tight as without the suit and if your case has hard foam it may not fit without trimming. Something folks should know in my opinion.

Certainly a small drawback but that little thing is far outweighed by knowing that my drone is staying dry inside playing in the rain. The seals around the battery and the power button do their job very well. I have tested and proven that.

Mike

• Love
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
It may be just the same. Wet suits can help, but why fly a computer in the rain? If you want to fly in the rain, buy a drone that's waterproof, they make them.
Same reason photgraphers have been trying to figure out how to keep their gear dry since the beginning. Awesome picture.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dugan