DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is Merozo a scam?

kinetix

Reactions
#1 Drone of the Year - Merozo Picks is offering a $1,549.00 Mavic Pro package for $300. This came up as an advert on my Instagram. I was taught that if something looks to good to be true it probably is. There site has only been up for a week or so and I can't find anything else about them. Anyone have any info on them?

thanks

Reactions: Cymruflyer
yeah it is a scam. I have seen ads all over for the same thing. It is way too good to be true and there is no way a company could sell that and make profit. Probably a bait and switch scam

Reactions: Cymruflyer
Yep. It's a scam. That would be way below their cost.

A bunch of guys on Reddit purchased it to see if it is a scam . They received order confirmations and tracking numbers that were not legit. Some received photos of the package, but no one received a drone. If it sounds too good to be true . . .

r/MavicPro - Is this online Mavic Pro Bundle sale real or a scam?

The Merozo site has no contact info and uses a GMail address. The domain registration WHOIS info is blocked. All signs of a scam site.

The same scam is on this site:

#1 Drone of The Year - Electroupia Picks

Last edited:
All those IG and FB adverts are a scam.. I ordered one for 'fun' using PayPal.. It arrived and was a utterly crap toy. Raised case with Paypal, got my money back.. Just keep reporting the adds and these fools will soon disappear

#1 Drone of the Year - Merozo Picks is offering a $1,549.00 Mavic Pro package for $300. This came up as an advert on my Instagram. I was taught that if something looks to good to be true it probably is. There site has only been up for a week or so and I can't find anything else about them. Anyone have any info on them?

thanks
you get what you pay for .

You would think Fakebook and InstaCrap would do a better job protecting the end user. But once again there is no regulation so they just take the money and run the ad, Zuckerberg owns Instagram and Facebook

A friend of mine assumed it was a scam but out of curiosity decided to ride it out since the tracking number he received (two weeks after he placed his order) eventually started tracking something. His package arrived with just this inside:

upload_2018-7-30_13-23-26.png

Definitely a scam! Even though I should know better decided to go along with it because being a college student I am not the wealthiest person out there and this seemed like a good deal! Got my emailed confirmation and tracking number and a day later received a second email informing me that I got a full refund for no reason! Right away I got a sick feeling in my stomach and looked at my bank statement and realized that they just took $310 from me and “said” it got refunded! So long story short it is for sure a scam and I am out $310! Haha

Yeah, it's a scam. I got this after a couple of weeks, LOL. Lucky for me I used my Capital One Venture credit card who by the way made getting my money back really easy. All I had to do is just send them emails of what I ordered and pictures of what I got in the mail. A couple of days later I got my money back. I will never trust ads from Facebook and Instagram again. When I see things like that on those sites, I report it.

Attachments

• Scam.jpg
    Scam.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 21
Simply report all drone sales to FB and they get taken off...

thanks

The second you ask yourself whether something is a scam, you should realize it's a scam.

In the interest of helping people out, I'm willing to take only $50 from you and not send you anything. As far as scams go, that's a bargain. You're welcome!

Reactions: Johnmcl7 and Meta4
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lboogie007