DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is now a good time?

WestyinWC

Reactions
I've been sitting on about 1.5k to buy a Mavic for about 6 months. I thought I'd see deeper discounts on black Friday but nothing really made me pull the trigger. Wondering if now is a good time or do we think the next redesign is around the corner?

Also what's the best method in securing all of the extras? I hear the fly more is not worth it due to the charger they sell it with. I would like to pick up a couple extra batteries and a hard case. Who's there the best price these days? Also looking for a filter pack.

Thanks guys.

Many sellers are now selling the Mavic at its usual $999 price again, but some sellers still have it listed for $899. You can find some authorized DJI dealers selling at that price here.

Unless you can find everything you need in a package deal, you'll likely save money by buying the exact accessories you need separately.

Reactions: Callum
1) I'd buy it from an authorized DJI dealer who has a No Questions Asked return policy just in case you happen to get one of the rare "lemons" right off-the-bat. (i.e. Amazon, Costco, BestBuy)

2) I'd definitely skip the Fly More pack - You can get a better case that's exactly what you want for cheaper, and buy just what accessories you want for cheaper on Amazon (and return them if you don't like them).

3) I'd buy NOW rather than wait for the new version of the mavic: who knows when it will be released, just how different it will be, how much more it will cost, and if you'll even like it.

If you've been sitting that long already I'd wait one more week for the CES announcements... Almost certain there will be something new, may be interesting or not but it would suck if it does :)

I've been sitting on about 1.5k to buy a Mavic for about 6 months. I thought I'd see deeper discounts on black Friday but nothing really made me pull the trigger. Wondering if now is a good time or do we think the next redesign is around the corner?

Also what's the best method in securing all of the extras? I hear the fly more is not worth it due to the charger they sell it with. I would like to pick up a couple extra batteries and a hard case. Who's there the best price these days? Also looking for a filter pack.

Thanks guys.
Must have missed bh photo had the mavic fly more combo for 899 and no tax if you're not in NY... I'd consider that a great deal. You missed a few others as well.

They were down to $500 on Amazon for a while on Black Friday. Almost took the bait:D. -CF

I’m impatient, and just go get what I want that day for the best price available. I did the Best Buy 1299 FMC with $100 gift card and Free set of props. So $1199 for combo with 3 batteries total. Not sure if I made the right call as I bought it 12/22 and haven’t flown yet... I’ve taken out my P4, but it has been too windy from what I’ve read for the Mavic.

DJI Mavic Pro Drone with 4K HD Camera ( Refurbished Unit) | eBay This place says they are an authorized DJI dealer, and they show this refurbished for $700.00. Most, if not all posts I've seen in this forum, claim they are just as good as new. I went with Best Buy, but if I had to do it again, I'd definitely consider one of these.

If you got a refurbished unit and the MP II is released in the near future, you aren't out too much IF you actually had a desire to upgrade.

5047d27d6e2eeca24da3dd41c000f6be.jpg

They are jumping from $790 to 899 on amazon. I’d say go for it

Guy here in Baton Rouge sold me 2 Mavics about a month apart
Paid 800.00
2nd one 850.00

I would just buy now. Spending months and months searching for a good price takes time...... and time is money in my book. Just buy and be done with it and go fly your drone :)

Think thru this. You spend $1000 on a drone. Then you find out there are actually only a few places you can fly it (new firmware won’t even allow you to turn on the drone if in a NFZ), you get tired / board of flying at your local school or park, you take some video, have to spend hours editing it, put it on YouTube and only a few family members view it once, then you start the process over. Really worth it? More and more parks, cities, counties, states are banning more and more places to fly. You have to fly in an isolated area where there are no / few people. It’s not a pretty future. More and more people will report your flying a drone to authorities making it even harder to fly - anywhere. The idiot pilots that ignore the stringent existing rules only make it worse for any decent future for drones. However, if you want to overlook all this, then wait for the new models to come out. They will have more checks and balances to limit your flying in most places. Perhaps a “selfie” drone, only line of sight, but heck, you want to take pictures of you doing activities mostly anyway, right.

Drones are cool. Some neat technology and fun, but the writing is on the wall - you just need to read into the future.

Good luck on your purchase, enjoy what you get before you sell it. Well, I actually hope you get years of enjoyment from it, but those I talk to that have drones are very disappointed in the lack of flying areas and they are selling theirs or just not flying them.

Since some of you were talking about retailers... I purchased mine at Kohls on Black Friday and got a ton of Kohl’s cash in addition to the sale price of the drone

Since some of you were talking about retailers... I purchased mine at Kohls on Black Friday and got a ton of Kohl’s cash in addition to the sale price of the drone

I just looked at my return receipts for the first Mavic and they gave me another $100 off when I exchanged the bird. [emoji106]

Reactions: shoemaker
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twixer_bear