DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

is the air2 s better than the mini 3

Photography is not really your thing, huh?

Please enlighten yourself with the test charts freely available to all at DXO and/or DPR.

Then lets discuss DR with regards to APSC vs FF.

how much bigger is the air2s sensor? looks like for 2021 drones, sensor size means nothing, sorry! But please enlighten yourself with useless dxo statistics while I look at actual real world footage and comparisons

optics and sensor technology are more important than sensor size

Mavic 3 has an even bigger sensor btw. Only means to appease noobs like you, not to have actual better low light even though it is often claimed by the likes of you

I see that ignorance is your forte.

Noise? What noise?

Dynamic range? Who needs it?

Now I KNOW you're trolling. Well done.

• Haha
Reactions: Okie and Meta4
I see that ignorance is your forte.

Noise? What noise?

Dynamic range? Who needs it?

Now I KNOW you're trolling. Well done.
The smaller sensor in this case has less noise, not to mention the smaller sensor has more dynamic range as well.

Your supposed ‘knowledge’ about sensor sizes means literally nothing.

If size were the only differentiating factor then bigger sensors would be better. However, there are many more aspects to a sensor. In a complete camera there are even more factors that influence the image quality.

Again your knowledge is based on nothing.

Recent Sony APC-C sensors destroy any canon produced full frame sensor of a few years ago. If you can comprehend why that is, then you finally understand

I take listening to differing views seriously. However; there becomes a point of diminishing return. This is only the second poster I've done this to in the last three years:

Screenshot 2022-05-06 054010.jpg

I don't think the acronym LOL goes well in your response. When somebody gets fired is very sad. Whatever he did, because of your actions that human being stopped getting paid and as a result of that he won't be able to provide for him and his family. I'm not saying that mistakes or bad actions won't have to be corrected and even punished but when you have to do that, always do it in a constructive way. Laughing about it is way unhuman.
You believed that effluent? Some nobody from Europe calls the FAA and accuses someone of breaking the rules, and the FAA, with all those idle, excess resources drops everything to open an investigation, and punish the miscreant?

And more than once?

Oh, and the enforcement action was for his employer to fire him?

I highly doubt he actually did call the FAA (@test2000Anafi, what was that phone number you called to report rule violations? 🤣).

• Haha
Reactions: Faster and c64-dev
Absolutely spot on @EpicFlight ! Very well said. *
His story about getting people fired should also go together with the one about him photographing highly sensitive CAD drawings on unreleased drones via his “mate who works at DJI” (and who would obviously have no problem with jeopardizing his position just so his mate could have internet bragging rights)...

* I do seem to remember about a community member who actually broke FAA rules in the States, was reported, was written up and he basically just got a polite conversation about the whole thing.

Reactions: EpicFlight
* I do seem to remember about a community member who actually broke FAA rules in the States, was reported, was written up and he basically just got a polite conversation about the whole thing.
That's much closer to what really happens, unless some criminal activity is involved, or injury or property damage occurs.

They certainly DON'T go to someone's employer and demand they be fired because some joker from Botswana called and tattled.

Reminds me of a John Lovitz character from Saturday Night Live in the 80s...

You believed that effluent? Some nobody from Europe calls the FAA and accuses someone of breaking the rules, and the FAA, with all those idle, excess resources drops everything to open an investigation, and punish the miscreant?

And more than once?

Oh, and the enforcement action was for his employer to fire him?

I highly doubt he actually did call the FAA (@test2000Anafi, what was that phone number you called to report rule violations? 🤣).
He was flying/filming at an airport where he worked; filming landings and whatnot. bragging about his drone not having no-fly zones. It was the right thing to report him and contact the employer even though the international call was kind of expensive. He thought having his videos set to private would protect him lol

the other ones were just basic beyond VLOS, only the ones that I was able to track down online I reported. I could do that all day btw, I hate people who try and destroy the private sector drone industry

Reactions: jedi2155
He was flying/filming at an airport where he worked; filming landings and whatnot. bragging about his drone not having no-fly zones. It was the right thing to report him and contact the employer even though the international call was kind of expensive. He thought having his videos set to private would protect him lol
It just gets more fantastic and unbelievable with each post...

Reactions: Okie
It just gets more fantastic and unbelievable with each post...
When I confronted him initially, he was bragging that he worked in airport security. Turns out he was not lying. I did say he would lose his job over this, so out of respect I had to report him to the authorities and contact the airport as well, I mean I wasn’t lying either. Sometimes to save a life, you have to destroy another. imagine a 737 losing an engine at v1 because of that clown?

I bought an air 2 s for Christmas which I have not had the chance to fly due to sustaining a hand injury. I had it from amazon. My hand is now better and i notice now that the mini 3 is on its way.

Putting aside the benefit of the weight of the mini 3 is the air 2s still the better drone.

Amazon are excellent with their returns so i may be able to send it back if the mini 3 is the better option etc

lessons learnt:
good things come to those who wait. Also: don’t believe anybody on the internet. your buddies were wrong about nearly everything

I did a analysis here, and wanted to get everyone's thoughts here.

A pretty good comparison analysis here. Ill be sticking with the Air2S.

A pretty good comparison analysis here. Ill be sticking with the Air2S.

Reactions: jedi2155
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143