DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

is the air2 s better than the mini 3

sunshinewelly

Reactions
I bought an air 2 s for Christmas which I have not had the chance to fly due to sustaining a hand injury. I had it from amazon. My hand is now better and i notice now that the mini 3 is on its way.

Putting aside the benefit of the weight of the mini 3 is the air 2s still the better drone.

Amazon are excellent with their returns so i may be able to send it back if the mini 3 is the better option etc

Reactions: AirMaster
I bought an air 2 s for Christmas which I have not had the chance to fly due to sustaining a hand injury. I had it from amazon. My hand is now better and i notice now that the mini 3 is on its way.

Putting aside the benefit of the weight of the mini 3 is the air 2s still the better drone.

Amazon are excellent with their returns so i may be able to send it back if the mini 3 is the better option etc
I always use Amazon now, and their return policy is an important part of that. I buy a lot of stuff from Amazon and I return very little of it, but when I do need to return something, it's just zip-zip, and it's done.

We have an Amazon return drop station at the local Kohl's, so I don't even need to bother with prepping it for shipping back.

Works good!

MM

1) you are almost certainly out side the normal return window for Amazon, whether or not they permit it will probably be at their discretion.
2) How would any one know whether the Mini 3, if it exists, will be better than an existing drone. At the moment EVERYTHING is www speculation and worth about as much as an election campaign promise. Besides you then face probable teething troubles.
Spend some time looking through the early posts connected to the Mavic Mini and the M3 and from what I have read one of the 'proper' Mavics.

Reactions: umanbean

Since the Mini 3 has not yet been announced, a better question would be a comparison of the Mini 3 and the Air 3s ...

Given the speculation and leaks that have been posted, no, the mini 3, including the rumored pro version, will not be superior to your 2S.

The Air2S is better than the mini 3 if you don’t care about weight/flight restrictions and or props in the shot or camera angle. I don’t think anybody ever claimed otherwise?

Unless maximum portability is needed, smaller size and weight could help only with regulations/restrictions.
Otherwise it only limits performance etc when talking about similar level of technology.

For example rumours about 1" sensor are questionable, because sub 250 gram drones just don't have weight budget for bigger camera/gimbal.
Unless you want axe to have go with other features and battery/endurance.

Also smaller drone has higher cross section per mass, meaning wind has easier time in pushing it around.
Compounded by smaller drone likely having lot less motor power available to counter wind.

Reactions: Faster
Unless maximum portability is needed, smaller size and weight could help only with regulations/restrictions.
Otherwise it only limits performance etc when talking about similar level of technology.

For example rumours about 1" sensor are questionable, because sub 250 gram drones just don't have weight budget for bigger camera/gimbal.
Unless you want axe to have go with other features and battery/endurance.

Also smaller drone has higher cross section per mass, meaning wind has easier time in pushing it around.
Compounded by smaller drone likely having lot less motor power available to counter wind.

They never focussed on it but I am just stating that your information is based on current hindsight. Parrot anafi had very thin arms; experts were claiming that this “looked cheap”, whereas Mavic 3 has thin arms as well now. What are the experts saying now “brilliant! That is so it has less surface area exposed to wind!!”
But before mavic 3 was shown, people would be arguing “you need big, fat arms so that the drone can hang onto the wind better”

Nobody is saying that now anymore now are they?

For those that are interested in design of arms you might like to do a web search for "Beam Theory".
For the anafi the slight flexibility provided by the fibreglass arms worked as a means to smooth out movement of the body.

“Oh it is so cheap look I can move it, it is flexible LOL!!” Is how the ‘experts’ interpreted it though haha

As you definitely know, the DJI Mavic Air series are usually better and more expensive than the Mini series. The Air 2S is a fresh, new drone of the higher series, and when the Mini 3 comes out, it will surely not be so old at that moment. From that I suppose that although the Mini 3 might have some new features in it introduced by DJI, it still will not be able to beat the Air 2S. The only things you should think about when it gets released are weight benefit and value.

I think DJI are being very clever here with the release of a Mini 3 pro - it's clearly going to be better than the Mini 2, but the 'Pro' wording means it's premium, so it's going to be a lot more expensive than the Mini 2 & that means they can still sell both to different market segments.
But the Mini 3 Pro will still have a smaller sensor than the Air 2s - so they can keep selling these as well.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78