DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is the mavic 3 finally here

I've been getting bombarded with all the early release info and my single takeaway was this, it was out of the box flyable by a newbie like me. (just like my mini 2.) They say there is a learning mode which is probably the newbie mode that I would want and someone above mention Canada requires a separate observer to watch it while you wear the goggles. Here in the states (the lower 50) requires that as well.
But since few people ever follow the VLOS (if you can't see it, you are too far away) so I suspect they would fly this beyond VLOS and with no observer as well...
Yes, a generalization but I fly alone all the time, and getting someone to be my "eyes" would probably not happen.

I see it more trend setting... Cinema FPV than traditional FPV acro or racing. A new FPV category that the pocket book can enter a new flyer into FPV. More of a hybrid of GPS drone and FPV craft into one. Cinema seekers would now be able to keep up with dirt bikes or various auto advertising... not new in totality, but a new category to accomplish or explore new ventures.

Prior to current flavor of drones... a camera on a RC Heli wasn't productive. Flying a Heli required skills above what most wanted to commit. Although in right hands, an acro heli was impressive, challenging and exhausting... similar to FPV. Even now, the RC Heli has a new entry that provides a great flying craft without the skill sets normally required... and provides acrobat or stunts.

Stable camera drones introduced a new category, adding GPS introduced another and allowed many to enter a hobby or skill not previously obtained by many.

I view this as a good read by DJI, they see a new market to tap! Not the current FPV arena... a new one that will most likely exceed the current FPV crowd. A controllable Cinematic craft from a different perspective.

To compare on the same parallel to current FPV isn't the focus... not in the same category despite some similarities. Think out of a different box, might find new adventures or possibilities.

One look, it's not a craft you want to push to a FPV normal flight... a crash wouldn't be a repair desired. But, use the same FPV v2 goggles and add a self build acro FPV with digital camera and you have multi-use components.

Fly down a river chasing a speed boat, follow a Surfer, dirt bike down hill and able to over take and get multiple angles or perspective views... or roam through a location difficult to see from RC location... not high speed, more Cinematic... probably more desired by many.

It may take time to clearly define it's scope of usage... but I think it'll be a successful venture and DJI must be gambling on the same to create.

Reactions: brett8883
I think is the Ad for the DJI Racing FPV drone
Certainly. This might be the most obvious release in DJI's history.

It looks super small, and those leds look like they were taken from the Mini 2 so maybe another fpv .

One thing I love about DJI is that the adds on Instagram seem to always be breaking all the rules. ?

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavics in the Rain / Snow
I just did some research. With all the features and High-Def FLIR at the price of $6.240 and $852(+/-) for the RTK Module offered for the Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced, it makes me wonder if a Mavic 3 is actually on the horizon.

Reactions: New England Droning
I'm fired up for the Mavic Pro 3. Two months ago I picked up the Air 2 after flying the Mini 1 for several months. I'm in LOVE with the Air 2 but I'd like to pickup some work and although the SDK is released, several apps don't offer support quite yet. I'm ready for the MP3.

PS I just realized that I'm rooting for an MP3 which is over 20 years old (acronyms are fun lol).

I'm fired up for the Mavic Pro 3. Two months ago I picked up the Air 2 after flying the Mini 1 for several months. I'm in LOVE with the Air 2 but I'd like to pickup some work and although the SDK is released, several apps don't offer support quite yet. I'm ready for the MP3.

PS I just realized that I'm rooting for an MP3 which is over 20 years old (acronyms are fun lol).
Just don’t hold your breath until DJI formally announces it regardless of anything else.

Still indicating 2022 as potential release, lot can change... DJI has been known to delay release and update craft prior to release based on recent competitors releasing product. That may drag it out or design might change slightly over next year.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi