Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is the mavic 3 finally here

peterc4

Reactions
Just got an email of DJI is the 3 finally here certainly looks like it

Untitled-1.jpg

Last edited:
It looks super small, and those leds look like they were taken from the Mini 2 so maybe another fpv .

One thing I love about DJI is that the adds on Instagram seem to always be breaking all the rules. ?

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavics in the Rain / Snow

Reactions: Droniac
I saw something similar early via the Go4 app and dismissed it, now I can't get it back, what does it say?

;) Have you missed it guys ... it's the new "Hoggy" DJI FPV drone kit ... no Mavic 3 I'm afraid :rolleyes:

Just start to save up to somewhere around $1500-1800 & spend time in a simulator.

View attachment 124500
I’m really surprised they have come out with a new drone that’s over 150g before the remote ID specifications have been finalized. They must be pretty confident they can make this thing RID compliant with firmware updates since otherwise they won’t be able to sell them in the US in 16 months.

Looks pretty cool though. Admittedly I will probably get one. Will be interesting how it handles the left stick since you need a springless throttle control on an acro mode controller but need a spring return stick for the throttle on an atti mode drone.

if what has been leaked is correct,then dont expect this to be a fully acro mode drone only, it would not last 5 mins in untrained hands it is going to be a crossover drone, for people to get a taste for FPV ,and learn to fly wearing goggles ,it will be of interest to those who want to get into the world of FPV ,but for the purists not so much ,

if what has been leaked is correct,then dont expect this to be a fully acro mode drone only, it would not last 5 mins in untrained hands it is going to be a crossover drone, for people to get a taste for FPV ,and learn to fly wearing goggles ,it will be of interest to those who want to get into the world of FPV ,but for the purists not so much ,
Yep my thought too... personally I went with a sim first, then a 4" quad, DJI system equipped full acro... & with the correct battery keeps me airborne for nearly 30 min... much cheaper in the long run and can chose if I want to have a take-off weight under 250g & everything besides the quad can be used for another quad if I want to fill in with more crafts.

Reactions: old man mavic
1614216611293.png

Yea well purists don’t like new and different by definition mind you.

Yea well purists don’t like new and different by definition mind you.
That may be true & correct regarding purists but ...

A ordinary quad ... if only speaking of flight assistance, doesn't need to be in 100% Acro mode.

For newbies it's also... (freely switchable from the radio)
-Angle mode (will never ever tilt over a freely preset angle ... no rolls possible)

-Then also Horizon mode which always return to horizontal position if stick is released ... can roll the quad if stick is held to full pitch/roll but the roll is kind of automated & the quad returns to horizontal position by it self).

The only thing that's not assisted is height hold ...

So I'm still wondering what the benefits are with this ..?

Just a different perspective for filming and to allow the GPS gang a thrill now and then :p

... and to allow the GPS gang a thrill now and then :p

? yeah forgot that ... & can agree to that the thrill is well needed, is educational & gives a pleasant feeling :cool:?

It will no doubt sell, but not to the same level as the "camera drones" ... & it will most probably be transitional in the sense that if you like it you go for full fledged FPV quads ... if not it will be a expensive dust collector.

Most of the components will also be model specific, probably not cheap & hard to reuse in other crafts ... & furthermore it's HEAVY ... not even 5-7 inch quads fully equipped with GoPros weigh that much.

This one below, use the same goggles & radios as the new DJI FPV hog ...

It's a pre-built fully functional bought 4" quad ... it's dry weight without battery is 170g. It can depending on my for the day desired flight style be equipped with different batteries & different props regulating if it will be "poppy & tight" or a "wide turn cruiser".

With the smallest battery there in the pic. it will go under 250g flight ready topping out just over 100km/h ... with the biggest to the right (LiION), it will transform to a cruiser good for nearly 30 min. cinematic flights. Fully possible to swoop props to get more grip for tighter turns or go with bi-blades for less drag & longer flight times.

It even have a GPS in the rear ... so it can failsafe or manually be triggered to RTH (without landing though ...) I will probably buy another quad more biased towards freestyle later on ... & all batteries & chargers I already have will work for that also.

1614257386942.png

I cannot see FPV a large potential market in Canada as our laws make us work with a qualified spotter if we FPV ....within VLOS....

Pardon my dumbness...what is "acro."

If the rumours are true there will be three modes, GPS, atti and acro. Basically to allow people brand new to FPV the ability to transition from the GPS flights they’re accustomed to, all the way to full acro FPV. I’m hoping the rumours are true! I’ve been practicing with a tiny hawk 2 FPV for a few weeks but the thing is so underpowered and experiences pretty severe control latency, making it a difficult adjustment for me.

That may be true & correct regarding purists but ...

A ordinary quad ... if only speaking of flight assistance, doesn't need to be in 100% Acro mode.

For newbies it's also... (freely switchable from the radio)
-Angle mode (will never ever tilt over a freely preset angle ... no rolls possible)

-Then also Horizon mode which always return to horizontal position if stick is released ... can roll the quad if stick is held to full pitch/roll but the roll is kind of automated & the quad returns to horizontal position by it self).

The only thing that's not assisted is height hold ...

GPS positioning, RTH, low battery RTH, OA sensors, probably comes tuned already, more reliable integrated system.

I see FPV views becoming more common in TV and film, I’ve even seen a guy put a RED camera on an FPV drone, but my current reservation about using an FPV drone in a commercial environment is if I lose signal the thing is just gonna fly right into the ground or worse so having the peace of mind that if you lose signal it’s not going to crash is a bug plus.

Not for everyone sure but DJI has some street cred in the FPV world after the introduction of the FPV goggles so it will be interesting to see how this turns out.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan