DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is the Mavic Pro your first drone?

Will the Mavic Pro be your first drone?

• Total voters
This will be my first Drone that I will take with me in my 6 place Beechcraft airplane and my 4 place Grumman to the Bahamas, North Carolina Mountains and other places.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

i have two racers...a mini quad...and a syma for toying with...as it pertains to aerial photography this will be my first drone in that type of class...but in total it's my 5th...considering my racing drones are much faster and require constant manual control especially with 45 degree forward tilt this mavic should be pretty easy to control...without any type of hardware or software problems of course

It will be my first drone once it arrives in the UK.........very excited

i highly suggest you buy a cheap syma or something of the sort to learn manual flying especially since the mavic is your first...trust me when i say it looks a lot easier than it rlly is with manual flying and the mavic looks easy because as long as gps and everything is working without a hitch it is easy...but trust me if that thing pops into atti mode due to signal loss or something and you have never flown manual it could be a very sad day...a decent sized syma is only about 40 dollars...i strongly suggest you don't rely on the mavics systems to always work for you...gps can go out...just a suggestion and it's only because and i know i'm saying this again...but manually flying a drone looks a lot easier than it is...because you're probably watching someone at least half way experienced...just don't want you to crash and burn 1000 dollars

This Mavic would be my first drone, however are reading, listening and watching what video is available, I fear I am in over my head. I knew there would more than likely be bugs and issues, but the ones I'm hearing and reading about will be well beyond my current knowledge and ability to address. I'm wondering if I'm better off starting out with a P4 or P3, something that is a little more proven?

This Mavic would be my first drone, however are reading, listening and watching what video is available, I fear I am in over my head. I knew there would more than likely be bugs and issues, but the ones I'm hearing and reading about will be well beyond my current knowledge and ability to address. I'm wondering if I'm better off starting out with a P4 or P3, something that is a little more proven?

you're not in over your head just take it slowly...don't rush anything...read everything...watch videos...do all the research you can...if you'd rather have a p3 or p4 that's up to you but for the price the mavic is a bargain and it will work fine...just have to take it easy...oh and pre flight checks might sound corny and stupid for a drone...but trust me...you need to check everything and make sure it's in working order before you fly...just like a plane...because this essentially is one just smaller...something as small as a chip in a propeller can make a difference in performance and control...take it slowly and learn from the experienced pilots via youtube and places like this...ask questions...if you're not 100 percent sure on something ask questions...it's a learning game when you're new...but trust me the learning will pay off...it's the ppl who throw their first drone into the sky and it crashes because they were to eager who quit right then and there...you'll love this hobby...stick with it

3rd. As a former fixed wing pilot, I decided to buy unforgiving and unstable toy drones, to build up handling capability. Was going to get a P4, but that changed when the Mavic came out.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22