DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is the New SC worth the $1100 , lets talk.

Too expensive for me and the fact it only does 20 MP images, I'll hang onto my P4Pv2 and Air 2s

The prices of the battery, SC and the bag should be obvious indications of how inflated these kit prices are compared to their previous drones.

I can’t imagine the bag in the Mavic 2 Fly More was anywhere near $100, let alone $300. And it was perfect for my needs because I could carry everything but the controller in a very compact size.
I’m not sure where you’re getting $300 for the bag. In the DJI store, in Canada anyway, it lists the bag at $249. However, if you add up the individual prices of the extra items that come with the fly more combo, the bag is less than $100 in the kit.

I’m not sure where you’re getting $300 for the bag. In the DJI store, in Canada anyway, it lists the bag at $249. However, if you add up the individual prices of the extra items that come with the fly more combo, the bag is less than $100 in the kit.
In the USA, the DJI website lists the bag at exactly $319. That is if you are buying it as a stand alone item in your cart.

How about that $300 bag for the Fly More kit?
How about that $179 ND filter set? You could just buy one VND Filter (2-5 stop) from PGYTech, which only cost $44.91.

In the USA, the DJI website lists the bag at exactly $319. That is if you are buying it as a stand alone item in your cart.
I understand that, and agree that it’s a ridiculous price for the bag (as is the $249 price in Canada) but it’s inaccurate to state that its priced at $300 when buying the FMC.

How about that $179 ND filter set? You could just buy one VND Filter (2-5 stop) from PGYTech, which only cost $44.91.

Definitely going for this unless PolarPro has decent priced ND filters. I love their quality

You're paying a premium for convenience and ease of use with the RC Pro. It's clearly not targeted to everybody and definitely not affordable for everybody. It does a lot of things better than the stock controller, and for those of us that don't have crazy-bright smartphones it's a step up in terms of useability and convenience. A lot of people seem to forget that when you buy an RC Pro (or a Smart Controller) that they're not just buying a new controller, but also essentially getting a mini tablet built into your controller and that will add significant expense. Some people (myself included) will pay extra to get a more elegant and more integrated product. It enhances my experience and is therefore worth some additional expense. Sure, I wish it were cheaper, but I understand why it's not.

You're paying a premium for convenience and ease of use with the RC Pro. It's clearly not targeted to everybody and definitely not affordable for everybody. It does a lot of things better than the stock controller, and for those of us that don't have crazy-bright smartphones it's a step up in terms of useability and convenience. A lot of people seem to forget that when you buy an RC Pro (or a Smart Controller) that they're not just buying a new controller, but also essentially getting a mini tablet built into your controller and that will add significant expense. Some people (myself included) will pay extra to get a more elegant and more integrated product. It enhances my experience and is therefore worth some additional expense. Sure, I wish it were cheaper, but I understand why it's not.
and its a larger screen ;)
Here is a picture of both of them together. The size of the screen is for me the big advantage.WhatsApp Image 2021-12-05 at 11.37.01 AM.jpeg

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-12-05 at 11.37.01 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-12-05 at 11.37.01 AM.jpeg
    260.2 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: bonzo
I have zero interest. I use a 12.9" iPad. No interest in an itsy bitsy screen :). Zero lag with my M3 so far.

I actually wanted to buy the RC Pro as well but here it cost $1650, I cannot justify to myself spending so much on a screen. My iPhone does the job well for now.

If you use iPhone 13 Pro Max, you already have a better screen, with 6.8" size and 1,051 nits max brightness.

If you use iPhone 13 Pro Max, you already have a better screen, with 6.8" size and 1,051 nits max brightness.
Yeah, I like the iPhone 13 Pro Max screen but also would have liked the added functions the RC Pro gives but the money Is just too much to justify.

Yeah, I like the iPhone 13 Pro Max screen but also would have liked the added functions the RC Pro gives but the money Is just too much to justify.

I feel fortunate to be a photographer and not a videographer here. I purchased Mavic 3 strictly for taking photos. And I do a lot of hiking outdoors with the drone. I simply can not justify the 680g extra weight for the RC Pro. To me, the lightweight controller in the standard package is a much better choice.

Reactions: Suren
I'd wager that there wouldn't be so many people complaining about the price or features of the RC Pro if DJI had given us a slightly more 'premium' stock controller; something in between the current controller and the RC Pro. Recycling the RC-N1 for the Mavic 3 feels a bit cheap given the premium price that they're asking. It would have been nice to get something similar to the Mavic 2 controller with updated ergonomics. Two scrollwheels, an LCD telemetry screen, and some additional hardware buttons would have helped temper a lot of people's disappointment.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src1972