DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is the New SC worth the $1100 , lets talk.

Phantomrain.org

Approved Vendor
Reactions
So this for me has been the hardest Hit : It was an easy decision to make if the SC worked with all the other drones but that is not the case.

Other than the size of the Screen , , the pinch to zoom and the Extra Range , im not sold .
But What if there is no lag and the SC will work with Future Drones coming. ?

With the maybe 40 minutes of Flight time will this become everyone go to drone ?
I mean the Air 2S became my favorite drone over the Mavic 2 Pro and Zoom , its size was just so easy to work with .

Is this drone worthy of replacing all your other drones ? If so its going to be crazy on Ebay as lots of SC are lighting up now.

For those of us that have the Original SC , this is a hard call. Im trying to picture two SC , and I think it would just make me mad after the New Tech Factor wore off.
This is why I think I would sell it but than lm loosing out on the only Tech that I had that was increasing in value. DJI why ????? Maybe a software update ?

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Capture the Storm.

Reactions: GFields and merak75
DJI has really made this drone too expensive.
If this is expensive, just imagine how much the next controller would cost in a few years. Then imagine what the future Mavic 4 will cost in 2 or 3 years.

• Wow
Reactions: Droniac
I hate to say this. DJI won't get my money in another "smart controller" that is just a copy of the old one with maybe 2 more internal antennas and that's it. No bigger screen, they never mention a better processor, etc... also they are breaking the promises about being compatible with features drones or backward compatible.

That is not fun. I don't support that.

Last edited:
I own an Air 2S with an RC-N1controller. I have a difficult time spending $3000 to buy a kit that includes a second controller.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
I own an Air 2S with an RC-N1controller. I have a difficult time spending $3000 to buy a kit that includes a second controller.
I own the Mini 2, Air 2, (same controllers) both collecting dust because I fly with my SC. I should sell them. That will be a 3rd of the same controllers.

• Love
The prices of the battery, SC and the bag should be obvious indications of how inflated these kit prices are compared to their previous drones.

I can’t imagine the bag in the Mavic 2 Fly More was anywhere near $100, let alone $300. And it was perfect for my needs because I could carry everything but the controller in a very compact size.

In today's world where car dealers are tacking mark ups to the MSRP of mass market cars is it really surprising that DJI and anyone else aren't trying to squeeze a few more bucks out of consumers as well?

I kinda think they would have been even better off if they had been able to bring this thing out last year when everyone was locked down with fat stimulus checks rolling in. lol

The prices of the battery, SC and the bag should be obvious indications of how inflated these kit prices are compared to their previous drones.

I can’t imagine the bag in the Mavic 2 Fly More was anywhere near $100, let alone $300. And it was perfect for my needs because I could carry everything but the controller in a very compact size.
Was the functionality of that bag better than the stupid little man purse that came with my Air2 fly more?

• Haha
I own the Mini 2, Air 2, (same controllers) both collecting dust because I fly with my SC. I should sell them. That will be a 3rd of the same controllers.
I just bought a TriplTek 8 Pro, which has a 1250 NITS Screen vs the new SC with a 1000 nits screen. So there is also that.

In today's world where car dealers are tacking mark ups to the MSRP of mass market cars is it really surprising that DJI and anyone else aren't trying to squeeze a few more bucks out of consumers as well?

I kinda think they would have been even better off if they had been able to bring this thing out last year when everyone was locked down with fat stimulus checks rolling in. lol
I actually happen to be shopping for a car now.

toyota dealer told me they have a new car. Inventory is non existent because of chip shortages.

So they will sell me the car I asked them about for $8000 over sticker.

I told them to get bent.

I have the cash but I will spend $8000 on Uber for a few years before I let them bend me over.

Was the functionality of that bag better than the stupid little man purse that came with my Air2 fly more?
I don’t know what the Air2 Fly More is like but the M2P bag is almost perfect because it will fit on my carryon with room for my other gear.

when I go out to fly, I just sling the bag in addition to the camera bag and messenger bag that I’m already carrying.

so it’s worked out well for me at least.

I actually happen to be shopping for a car now.

toyota dealer told me they have a new car. Inventory is non existent because of chip shortages.

So they will sell me the car I asked them about for $8000 over sticker.

I told them to get bent.

I have the cash but I will spend $8000 on Uber for a few years before I let them bend me over.
Yep me to : The new Santa Cruz Limited and they wanted 7 grand above sticker. I lost my taste for the new truck and Opted for the New Mavic 3 <

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.

I agree with you guys here. Prices are ridiculous right now for everything. The price of that DJI bag is truly ridiculous at $320! And it is not even a hard case that I prefer. Then the price of that remote is truly discouraging. I was planning to buy the basic package and buy a few things to add, but seems I may have to buy the Fly More combo. But gosh, checkout price is no joke.

This rise of prices is really doing a number to the economy.

I am glad I bought myself a brand new 2020 Honda Accord Hybrid in 2020 for a good deal. I went to shop the 2021 just because and the price difference was like $4,000 more. Then I went to Toyota to inquire about getting me a 4x4 4Runner. Just the quote and their attitude made me walk away. I wonder if prices will ever normalize again.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjauuu