DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart Controller Go4 Crashes. No REAL CONSICE Conclusions Given Anywhere.

FrankIII

Reactions
I have had a SC for over a year now. I use it with my M2P. Until very recently I had no issues with it. Now I occasionally get the Go4 crash issue that many others complain about. Iv searched for many hours on MavicPilots forum, tried all the suggestions but cannot find a good explanation what causes this problem. I hope someone can explain in detail why this happens. . Thank You to all who respond. N4PAO

Reactions: Cafguy
What Issue?
Go4 stops freezes with a B&W screen. SC still connected with GREEN LED. Reboot Go4 then all is OK. There are many complaints on MavicPilots forum of this with no good explanation what is causing Go4 app to freeze, stop, crash. The fix is REBOOT the app.

I have had a SC for over a year now. I use it with my M2P. Until very recently I had no issues with it. Now I occasionally get the Go4 crash issue that many others complain about. Iv searched for many hours on MavicPilots forum, tried all the suggestions but cannot find a good explanation what causes this problem. I hope someone can explain in detail why this happens. . Thank You to all who respond. N4PAO
Litchi can do most of what DJI Go4 can do except GPS, IMU, and sensor calibration, so have you considered simply using Litchi ?

Have you done the latest firmware and GO4 updates for the remote ID? Just cerious if that has anything to do with it. The app crashing probably has something to do with a memory or RAM issue. It's possible whatever version of GO4 you're running isn't utilizing the memory correctly and crashes for that reason.

Have you done the latest firmware and GO4 updates for the remote ID? Just cerious if that has anything to do with it. The app crashing probably has something to do with a memory or RAM issue. It's possible whatever version of GO4 you're running isn't utilizing the memory correctly and crashes for that reason.
There are many posts on this subject. They all claim updates don't resolve this issue. I'm more apt to agree with you on RAM or Memory somehow being the issue however none of the many posts confirm that's the reason. I wonder why DJI has not admitted this problem or suggested a resolve for this issue with the smart controller RM500. Thanks for your response. N4PAO

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne