DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is the Parrot ANAFI Drone better than the DJI Mavic Air? What do you think?

ShawnIde

Reactions
Hey Guys...

Do you think the Parrot ANAFI Drone will hold it's own to the DJI Mavic Air?

The Parrot could not be the airs opening act. The is no obstacle avoidance on the Parrot.

Yeah, I saw tons of reviews ... of people who don’t own the drone as it is not out yet. And a few review of people who have an early version offered by Parrot.
I’m waiting for reviews from people who paid for what they review, with the real latest firmwares and softwares.
I heard the flight time announced was ‘real’ and the sound was real low... just wait and see...

Parrot have actually released the ANAFI to reviewers it seems, I just watched an unboxing and test flight video of the drone in question

Reactions: wisesafe
The Parrot could not be the airs opening act. The is no obstacle avoidance on the Parrot.

I've been flying DJI's for many years now, Spark, P3P,MP,MA & P4P the Anafi will be a great addition for seasoned pilots as many of us have no use for OAS / VPS, just confuses the drone most of the time. You would be surprised how much smoother they fly with all that crap turned off. No DJI enforcement as to where you can/can not fly is a HUGE asset with the Anafi. I am 107 cert'd, I fly responsibly and DJI has cost me thousands in lost revenue by denying flight in areas I have had ATC approval, Their FlySafe program is a joke. No client is going to wait 90 days to get a waiver/COA from the FAA and then another 30 days (minimum) for DJI to approve and unlock their own NFZ (Which many times is inaccurate).

I've been flying DJI's for many years now, Spark, P3P,MP,MA & P4P the Anafi will be a great addition for seasoned pilots as many of us have no use for OAS / VPS, just confuses the drone most of the time. You would be surprised how much smoother they fly with all that crap turned off. No DJI enforcement as to where you can/can not fly is a HUGE asset with the Anafi. I am 107 cert'd, I fly responsibly and DJI has cost me thousands in lost revenue by denying flight in areas I have had ATC approval, Their FlySafe program is a joke. No client is going to wait 90 days to get a waiver/COA from the FAA and then another 30 days (minimum) for DJI to approve and unlock their own NFZ (Which many times is inaccurate).
I believe you can turn off the no fly zone thing from the DJI app.

simply mod ur bird and fly where u want when u want and be responsible, simple,,,,

The Anafi requires a tool to change the props.

When I asked several questions on their Amazon listing, the one they did not answer was, “ Will flight telemetry be recorded in a downloadable file?”

Since it is a simpler bird, lacking OA, sporting a two axis physical gimbal, requiring a tool to change the props, withholding capabilities that require in-app purchases, it seems to me the price difference should be greater.

Reactions: Kilrah
It is too early to know if anafi will be better.

I think it has really interesting specs, but in some uboxing videos that I saw, I think it has a more poor construction than the Mavic Air, specially the controller. Sounds like something really cheap.

But I also think that in terms of navigation technology, Mavic Air is much better with the collision avoidance system and so on..

But time will give us the answers, I think that Parrot is on the correct way..

The only thing that the anafi have that not other drone so far have is the ability for the camera to record up and down. That's pretty much the killer feature of this drone. Other than that, DJI for life!!!

I am really hesitating between the two drones, but one factor that is vital for me (but that doesn’t seem to bother anyone and does not seem to be emphasized) is the ‘noisy bird effect’.
For that point, Parrot seems to have studied the propellers, the motors and the whole beast to do a ‘a much quieter machine’ and in a frequency range that is much less strident than the Mavic Air.
To me also, the ‘liberty effect’ of taking off anywhere without any restrictions is great (I have maps, I’m grown up, I don’t need to be stuck on the ground just ‘because’...
The last point is the weight (Anafi is much lighter, seems to have a longer flight time than the mavic, and regulations in Europe seem to discriminate drones by their weight).
Construction seems not as ‘robust’ as the Air, but much more flexible and thus less fragile on impact.
Propellers seem to stop on strong contacts, I think I saw a video of so putting hands on props of the Anafi on purpose without pb...
So for these reasons, I’ll wait for the first real tests to decide. But I’m more tempted by the Anafi than the Air. But I still think the Air is a great bird...

Yes. i especially can't quite understand the enthusiasm for OAS in the DJI drones. There are birds which really are on an entirely different level in terms of OAS -like skydio R1 - the OAS in my MPP really is best turned off.

OAS can be helpful for beginners and make them relax and more confident in flying quads.

It can be a nice addition, but I saw shots of ‘boomerang’ effect that turned to crash because no OAS is present on the side.
OAS on board system can also increase overall weight of the drone... if it’s turned off... it’s an unwanted load on board.

Anafi only has OAS on the bottom (for auto land purpose if I got it right).

I also read reviews comparing features and gave a ‘+’ to the Mavic Air because of the ‘Gesture Control’ feature that lacks on the Anafi. But this feature tends to make me laugh and I do not consider it as a real improvement for drone technology (though I can understand people can have fun flying a drone a few meters apart looking like Yoda).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS