DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is the plus battery worth the extra hoops and regulations you jump through?

My error. Had the gimbal cover on. Gimbal cover weighs 10.2g
Makes sense. Mine comes in at just under 248 with 2 separate very accurate scales.

And FWIW i want a plus battery for hyperlapse. Most hyperlapse is somewhere operating in A2 is perfectly possible anyway.

I'd say it's almost unheard of for officers to carry a scale. They have a lot of things clipped onto those belts, but a scale?

Well, I'm sure they would keep it in their car rather than on their person. I have a friend who works in the RCMP here in Canada and I asked him and they do have them, but he specifically works on a drug enforcement team so the average officer may not have one.

Well, I'm sure they would keep it in their car rather than on their person. I have a friend who works in the RCMP here in Canada and I asked him and they do have them, but he specifically works on a drug enforcement team so the average officer may not have one.

That was a poor attempt at humor on my part. Chalk it up to cabin fever during rainy weather.

I do think it's highly unlikely that the typical police officer or FAA field representative will be weighing any allegedly sub-250 gram drones.

But in the unlikely event of a serious incident with human injury and substantial property damage, the lawyers and prosecutors probably would.

Reactions: CanadaDrone
That was a poor attempt at humor on my part. Chalk it up to cabin fever during rainy weather.

I do think it's highly unlikely that the typical police officer or FAA field representative will be weighing any allegedly sub-250 gram drones.

But in the unlikely event of a serious incident with human injury and substantial property damage, the lawyers and prosecutors probably would.

Not to worry! I haven't had my coffee yet today either so there's probably a few things going right over my head :D

Reactions: MS Coast
reading this thread, I'm thinking that I'm either real lucky or just a wimp

I live in Oregon and my home is outside of the city (Salem). I can take off from my deck or driveway, go all 4 directions, and almost never pass over a home. If I want a change of scenery I can take a drive out into the country and fly there. In the summer we camp often in Eastern-Oregon/Northern-Nevada in the forests, mountains, and high desert. Often miles from anybody. The scenery seen from above is gorgeous and almost always uncluttered by any form of civilization.

In the fall/winter we camp on the Oregon coast and the drone opportunities are numerous....and still with few people around

the point being I have taken a couple of hundred flights and had no people around for any of them, (except my wife a few times). I can't imagine any need for me to fly within a city limit or a metro area. Meaning the chances that I'd be approached by any authority are about equal to Jessica Alba showing up at my door, today, horny for an old man, and with a million dollars to spend on him (I'd buy a Mavic 3 then)

so, the thought of any problem with using the + battery just isn't there

It's well worth the price in China and Australia, as you can still fly the drone normally even if they went above 250g because of the battery. What I did is I swapped one regular battery with a guy who have an extra long-range battery. I paid roughly $30 as the gap. This is basically the cheapest solution for proper-length hyperlapse.

Having now used both the standard and extended batteries, I can confidently state that the extended batteries are much better. They bring slightly better stability, great flexibility and what feels like a huge increase in flight time.
I love the extended battery so much that I have I just purchased another two. I know that the extra weight places me firmly in the C1 class, but I mostly operate in C1 conditions anyway. For C0 conditions, I still have 3 standard batteries.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman