DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is there a catch with the Amazon deals?

Reactions
I just happened to notice the little area on the lower right of the forum windows; DJI Drone Deals. The Mini 4 Pro combo shows up on Amazon at $200. less than the DJI store price. This seems pretty significant. Any drawbacks to buying it there?

Reactions: Torque
The only drawback is that you will be flying in the next couple of days.😁
I just happened to notice the little area on the lower right of the forum windows; DJI Drone Deals. The Mini 4 Pro combo shows up on Amazon at $200. less than the DJI store price. This seems pretty significant. Any drawbacks to buying it there?

Reactions: shb, SWTSU and Topo
The only drawback is that you will be flying in the next couple of days.😁
I can live with that...ha. I'm still flying the very first Mavic Air, and wow is it noisy, but has been great. But I think it's time to catch up with the tech 😊

Reactions: mobilehomer
The Mini 4 Pro combo shows up on Amazon at $200. less than the DJI store price. This seems pretty significant. Any drawbacks to buying it there?
There are usually many sellers on those Amazon listings -- some authorized DJI dealers and some aren't. I don't know that it matters so much anymore if a seller is not an authorized dealer. But, you might get better service (more so when shopping outside of Amazon) when buying from authorized DJI dealers. And when buying from Amazon, items are easy to return if something does not arrive as expected.

If you click the link to show all sellers on the listing, you might find some that offer better prices or ship even sooner. While it depends where you're located, I found a seller there that can ship to me by tomorrow.

1698593891205.png

If it seems too good to be true...
I'm not sure which specific seller the OP was referring to, but the $200 off deals I currently see are "Open Box Like New" items.

That sounds WAY too good to be true. I could see a Mini 2 for that but not a Mini 4 pro.

Was once told by a DJI dealer that they are not allowed to deviate from the DJI price. The advantage from buying from a DJI dealer with their own store is they can offer you bonuses with your DJI purchase. For example they may throw in another item or a reduced price on another item when purchasing the DJI product. As an example it might be a set of ND filters for free or at a lower price. So talk with your dealer and see what they can offer if buying a new drone. It might turn out to be a good deal.

The advantage from buying from a DJI dealer with their own store is they can offer you bonuses with your DJI purchase
You'll see the same on Amazon, eBay, etc. for both dealers and non-dealers. They often throw in extra accessories for free.

I think it’s like PlayStations. Same price everywhere but they sweeten the deal by throwing in some extras. Games, extra controller, etc.

My understanding is that if an “Authorized Dealer” sells DJI products for less than the DJI price they won’t be an Authorized Dealer for very long.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne