DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is there a newer version of the SC around the corner?

ouabain

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I recently bought a Mavic Air 2 - and if I had waited a few weeks, I would have probably bought the 2s instead.

That said, I am quite happy with my new toy - and dont have any regrets as such.

I am currently in the market for a smart controller - but would rather not fork out $1K for a device that would be superseded within weeks/months if possible.

Reactions: jake20934
Similar to the mavic pro 3 who knows,
I have just purchased a SC myself instead of waiting months in hope of a new release that may never come anytime soon.

no regrets
Just checking to see if anyone on this forum had any inside information....

Reactions: brt123
I really like my Smart Controller, along with my M2P. The idea of not using my phone to operate my drone and the bright screen was the reason I got the SC. I'm hoping that if they ever come out with a new SC that they will give some sort of credit towards a new one. I doubt that will happen...........but one can hope.

Reactions: ouabain and maggior
Similar to the mavic pro 3 who knows,
I have just purchased a SC myself instead of waiting months in hope of a new release that may never come anytime soon.

no regrets
Bought the SC this week, but have not yet used it. It was pointed out to me by my dealer (have used them for years) that other DJI drones have just been added to the list, so an early replacement seems unlikely.

Reactions: ouabain
Is there something the current model isn't doing very well? Perhaps memory or processor limited?

If not, then there's probably not going to be a real "upgrade" that anyone would really boast about, therefore wouldn't be produced.

Is there something the current model isn't doing very well? Perhaps memory or processor limited?

If not, then there's probably not going to be a real "upgrade" that anyone would really boast about, therefore wouldn't be produced.
I've seen some youtube videos that say the Smart Controller and the new Air 2S video lags badly on the controller.

Thank you all for the feedback - no surprises there.

Now I just need to find a SC....out of stock everywhere I have looked so far.

Reactions: RobW01
I suspect there is a new version on the cards.
Myself and quite a few other SC owners i know about got a fairly detailed survey off DJI a few months ago on the current smart controller, pros, cons, price points and what we'd think of as useful new features or improvements.

It was probably the most detailed DJI survey ive seen and having done it makes me think they're well into casing out, if not actually developing a new one.
That said, I am quite happy with my new toy - and dont have any regrets as such.

I am currently in the market or a smart controller - but would rather not fork out $1K for a device that would be superseded

Reactions: ouabain
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J