DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is there a 'preferred' Go 4 app version?

PeteS2017

Reactions
I'm having problems with my screen and someone has advised me to roll back to an earlier version of Go 4, then disable updates to stop it reverting to the latest version.

The thing is, I know nothing about firmware versions - for instance I always thought the craft was prevented from taking off if you did not have the latest version.

There are plenty of tutorials showing you how to do a rollback, but which version do I roll back to? And how do I disable updates? Thanks.

I rolled back to 4.2.16 since after that things became and stayed wacky (at least for me). Maybe I go back further because I recall that 4.2.16 had an excessive habit of popping up false warnings. As I experienced with my test flight.

https://apkpure.com/dji-go-4-for-drones-since-p4/dji.go.v4 (if you're on android). Just remove Go4 from the phone, download the apk and install. Don't forget to tell you phone to trust 'unknown sources' in its setup.

which version do I roll back to?
The most recent version that's able to run properly on your mobile device of choice is usually the best version of DJI GO to run. You'll need to experiment to figure out which version of DJI GO runs best on your mobile device.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000