DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is there a service such as Drone Base that does more than just compensate for the thought of accepting a job?

ToasteyOstey

Reactions
Fairly self-explanatory title. I got my part 107 in college and was looking for anything to make a little extra cash. At the time, $70 for a job didn't seem bad at all. And even now I don't mind it if it's close, but most of the time the requests are for an hour drive one way and $70 for 3 hours of my life plus gas is far from, worth it. So, aside from starting my own business, are there any services out there for contracting out jobs to do here and there? Thanks!

There are several, but, like Drone Base, all of them pay exceedingly low compensation for the jobs they offer after considering the time and gas required for travel, time on site, insurance, time spent on post-processing, etc. The thing is, there are TONS of pilots out there who are desperate to make money with their drones, so those who offer jobs via these types of brokers have no problem at all getting them completed at rock bottom prices, so prices remain low. Too much supply, not enough demand.

You can try Droners.io and DroneUp, but I can tell you from experience that they’re no better than Drone Base. Best of luck!

Reactions: Sully53 and db4476
There are several, but, like Drone Base, all of them pay exceedingly low compensation for the jobs they offer after considering the time and gas required for travel, time on site, insurance, time spent on post-processing, etc. The thing is, there are TONS of pilots out there who are desperate to make money with their drones, so those who offer jobs via these types of brokers have no problem at all getting them completed at rock bottom prices, so prices remain low. Too much supply, not enough demand.

You can try Droners.io and DroneUp, but I can tell you from experience that they’re no better than Drone Base. Best of luck!
I figured that would be the case. I might just sign up for multiple and only take the close jobs. That way I at least have a larger pool to select from. Thanks for the references!

Reactions: Wade L.
Keep in mind that these "Aggregate" companies are only making what you would make if you went and drummed up your own work and then they still have to pay the pilot (you if you're lucky). It's possibly a good way to get some experience but it's not a good business model at all.

Your best bet is to build a solid Business Plan, learn to network, learn to pound the pavement, and create your own customer base instead of feeding off of their business model.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair