DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is there an advanced setting where you can eliminate high wind warnings?

gixxerbill

Reactions
I don't want them at all. They are nothing but an irritant and it's a pain to try to clear them off the screen. Surely there is a way to do away with that annoying warning. Anyboyd?

I don't want them at all. They are nothing but an irritant and it's a pain to try to clear them off the screen. Surely there is a way to do away with that annoying warning. Anyboyd?
Annoying? Yes, but shut them off permanently, a very stupid thing to do. One day you'll go flying in a high wind without realizing it and the drone will struggle to come and end up running out of battery mid-way. Your drone is now gone. These high wind warnings give you an opportunity to gauge the wind and adjust your flying accordingly.

Do you really think that's a good idea? I've flown my Mavic a lot of times including on a fairly breezy day on the coast with a lot of people flying kites, and have never gotten a wind warning except for one especially windy day which prompted me to think "Yeah, it probably is pretty rough up there. I better bring it down." If you're getting repeated wind warnings then you're probably pushing the limits.

Reactions: Rbruz
You do realize the wind does not blow past the Mavic, it carries it away from you at the speed the wind is moving meaning the Mavic physically has to fly in the opposite direction of the wind at the same speed the wind is blowing just to stay stationary with reference to the ground. This directly subtracts from its max flight speed leaving the difference for how fast it can fly into the wind "ground speed".

Maybe get an app and check the winds aloft before you fly if you don't want high wind warnings. Don't fly when there is high winds. Winds at 100ft can be much different then wind on the ground.

Pardon me for being rude, but the fact that you are annoyed by the warning is the very reason you need them. Please fly safe or you will be the next person to post that you Mavic flew away when it really blew away.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Annoying? Yes, but shut them off permanently, a very stupid thing to do. .

Stupid thing to do? I am not retarded I know it's windy it's windy all the freak'n time in Corpus Christi. I guess maybe I don't need a retarded warning to tell me something I already know. It is not going to make me fly differently. I know it's windy so I don't go as far so I can make sure I can bring it back or I fly into the wind to make sure. The warning thing is a pain in the rear. I can't believe some of ya'll like stupid nanny functions on your drone.

I heard of one mavic owner that got a refund because the warnings were such a pain in the asss. I love my mav but i don't need to stupid high warnings.

So again, I dont' need a lecture on why it's a good thing. I just want to know how to the dang thing off because I don't want it or need it it's annoying as hell.

The warnings are as much for the company as they are for you. You can just imagine the litigation and lawsuits that owners would file if they were not warned of high winds and it cost them their drone.

Reactions: Wombat55
Some of us plan our flights taking wind speed and direction into account and dont want the constant annoyance. The warnings are not necessary for every pilot imho

Reactions: cobra46 and rajun50
Some of us plan our flights taking wind speed and direction into account and dont want the constant annoyance. The warnings are not necessary for every pilot imho

Yeah, but wind conditions can change with altitude and with time, and then there go your plans out the window into the trash.

Maybe it would be good, though, if one could adjust the threshold for triggering the wind speed alert.

It's no big deal to clear them IMO. But I would be happy with a "vibrate+red warning" and then have it fade away after 6 seconds and be disarmed for at least 3 minutes thereafter.

I also notice that after clearing them that they tend to stay quiet if your flying is steady state. That is to say they pop up mostly while maneuvering. The more snappy your maneuvers the more likely the warning will pop up.

Gentler maneuvers=less alarms=less energy use.

I understand them having the wind warnings and I think they are a good idea. That being said, I wish there was an option to turn them off, at least on a per flight basis. Yesterday was very windy, but I was flying short-range with a return tailwind, so there was no issue with me flying in those conditions. Even if I had to emergency land I was on my own property and flying low, to there was next to zero way for me to lose the bird. I just had to deal with the top-left corner of my screen being obstructed for most of the flight, which was actually more dangerous than the winds since I was flying low and needed to see that part of the screen.

So yeah, I like that the warning is there and don't mind it being on by default, but if I could cancel it for a single flight it would be very helpful. All in all it's a minor thing, but don't need the Mavic to constantly tell me it's windy when I know full-well it is and have already chosen to fly in those conditions. The wind warnings seem to be overly sensitive on my Mavic anyway.

Reactions: DJ Kim
It would be great to be able to set a threshold. In my experience The warnings come on at far too low wind velocities. While wind velocities may change at different altitudes, the directions tend to be very consistent. I always check wind direction and velocities on an app called my radar before flying. I plan my missions into the wind so that the Mavic can come home without fighting the wind. I routinely fly in winds between 20 and 30 mph with no problems whatsoever. I also reduce altitude when returning home to avoid higher winds. I am one of those that frankly don't like electronic nannies but I understand DJI Reasons for doing this.

Reactions: DJ Kim
Stupid thing to do? I am not retarded I know it's windy it's windy all the freak'n time in Corpus Christi. I guess maybe I don't need a retarded warning to tell me something I already know. It is not going to make me fly differently. I know it's windy so I don't go as far so I can make sure I can bring it back or I fly into the wind to make sure. The warning thing is a pain in the rear. I can't believe some of ya'll like stupid nanny functions on your drone.

I heard of one mavic owner that got a refund because the warnings were such a pain in the asss. I love my mav but i don't need to stupid high warnings.

So again, I dont' need a lecture on why it's a good thing. I just want to know how to the dang thing off because I don't want it or need it it's annoying as ****.
I didn't mean to be disrespectful. There is no setting I know if to disable them. Maybe DJI can add on and switching these warnings off will give you three confirm messages. This would still avoid lawsuits on DJI's part in the event of a warning less accident.

So again, I dont' need a lecture on why it's a good thing. I just want to know how to the dang thing off because I don't want it or need it it's annoying as ****.

My sentiments exactly. The problem with these forums is that there are too many people that think others are stupid.

Reactions: brace91
I agree with having the option to turn off wind warnings (maybe after 3 warnings). I've flown my P3P many times at relatively long distances in windy conditions and without any wind warnings at all.

Most of us are experienced flyers that know the different conditions we're comfortable flying in, and are fully aware of the risks involved, so to have wind warnings pop up over, and over, and over again can be a bit annoying. My 2 cents.

From a Phantom P4P forum "Yea according to blade strike DJI rep, it's been reported and they are going to continue to adjust it." Expect an adjustment in future firmware updates.

Reactions: Rbruz
From a Phantom P4P forum "Yea according to blade strike DJI rep, it's been reported and they are going to continue to adjust it." Expect an adjustment in future firmware updates.

yea, now that is good of dji for listening to their customers good for them. I think one wind warning is enough for dji to cover themselves against from stupid uses and their stupid lawyers.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman