DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is there an android tablet, current or upcoming, in the same class as an ipad mini-5 or mini-6?

jigsaw

Reactions
Apple seems to be the only choice when it comes to powerful 7-9 inch tablets. I'd like to get rid of my mini 5, but I don't see an obvious replacement.

Apple seems to be the only choice when it comes to powerful 7-9 inch tablets. I'd like to get rid of my mini 5, but I don't see an obvious replacement.
The Apple crowd would have you believing that but it's not the case.
There are Android tablets that are at least as good too.
I've used Huawei's M3 and M5 8 inch tablets and used them extensively for several years.
They are outstanding in performance and don't require any tricks to set up.
Their new M6 should also be very good.

I used android for years and also hate Apple but one of the reason I went with the mini 5 was the brightness.

Reactions: NDWildBill
As mentioned by MA2 317 and Stealth01 take a look at the Tripltek tablet with a 1200 NIT screen.

Samsung galaxy A 8.4 2020
64 bit with arm.
Great size and weight
Runs smooth just no compass pointer the rest of the compass runs good. Price is right
3d9967b65709762c6b3e9ae1029a53cb.jpg

Last edited:
The Apple crowd would have you believing that but it's not the case.
There are Android tablets that are at least as good too.
I've used Huawei's M3 and M5 8 inch tablets and used them extensively for several years.
They are outstanding in performance and don't require any tricks to set up.
Their new M6 should also be very good.
Huawei all the time. I'm using M3 & M5 8.4"

I have no idea what you're trying to say here, but to clarify - the Samsung Galaxy A 8.4 2020 does not have a magnetic compass.

IMG_2173.JPG

new compass-style positioning tracker still works just not the small blue arrow to point to your drone

The iPads are faster than the Android tablets, but a decent Android tablet will be fast enough to run the DJI apps. I would just make a list of reasons to get Android over iPad (or vice versa) and figure out which one ticks the most amount of boxes for you.

If brightness is the primary factor, then the Tripltek tablet is one of the brightest out there. It's running 64 bit Android, which you will need for DJI Fly.

If you are invested in the Apple ecosystem and would use the tablet for other things, then an iPad may make more sense.

I think I'm going to sell this mini 5 and take a closer look at the Huawei M6.

I like the specs of the Tripltek, but its way too ugly for me to own.

I have my eye on a Tripltek Pro but stick with the Mini 5 for now.

Reactions: MA2 317
Just a question, why would you like to get rid of your Mini 5. It does everything that is needed.

With only 3gb of RAM, the Mini 5 hiccups too often for my taste. I agree that the tripltek is ugly as hell and too bulky but I am going to give the pro version a try.

With only 3gb of RAM, the Mini 5 hiccups too often for my taste. I agree that the tripltek is ugly as hell and too bulky but I am going to give the pro version a try.
It's bulky but mostly plastic. It weighs roughly the same as an iPad. With tablets, the weight is in the batteries and the screen. Once you have it in a mount, most of the tablets are going to feel pretty close to each other in the terms of weight.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DvrkDrone