DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

is there supposed to be glass on the camera filter ring?

JoshuaCarlton

Reactions
I was just seeing how to unscrew the filer ring on the MA camera as I have the Polar Pro ND filters on the way, I noticed it was just an empty ring. Is this normal or did DJI forget my glass?

Reactions: BrAinZ
No, there is glass on mine...I didn't unscrew it though, so the glass could be permanently attached that I don't know about.

I was just seeing how to unscrew the filer ring on the MA camera as I have the Polar Pro ND filters on the way, I noticed it was just an empty ring. Is this normal or did DJI forget my glass?
I unscrewed mine and there is no glass. I would say yours/ours is normal.

Mine has a filter on front, the actual lens is recessed

Mine has a filter too...it’s just a UV filter piece of glass but there IS glass on the ring that I removed to install an ND filter.

Mine did not have anything on it, just the ring.

Are you sure, so what your telling me is all you have is that tiny lens element below the ring that you unscrewed ?

The filter lens is just a bit smaller in diameter to the lens barrel, the first lens element is very small and recessed into the camera body.

It's definitely a fault not to have the lens filter

mavic air lens.jpg

Are you sure, so what your telling me is all you have is that tiny lens element below the ring that you unscrewed ?

The filter lens is just a bit smaller in diameter to the lens barrel, the first lens element is very small and recessed into the camera body.

It's definitely a fault not to have the lens filter

View attachment 30850

I’m telling you that when I unscrewed the ring to install ND filter there was no filter that came off, just a ring.

I’m telling you that when I unscrewed the ring to install ND filter there was no filter that came off, just a ring.

Then unfortunately you are missing the filter, but it shouldn't be a problem as you have put the ND on

Mine has no glass in the ring either, just the glass on the camera. My set of DJI ND filters arrived today, they look good quality and come in a cool plastic case that has space for 4 filters in total..

Does this filter come out when you unscrew the ring? Can you post a picture?

You can see it in the first picture I posted, I don't want to unscrew it as I don't like forcing the extremely sensitive gimbal in anyway. Learn't that lesson when the gimbal on the P4P was knocked out of alignment by screwing on and off filters

I think everyone is describing the lens wrong, the large glass element you see in Msinger's photo is the filter, the actual lens is the small lens behind this, recessed into the body. That is why I was surprised when everyone said the filter was missing

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
googleplazadorn