DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is This a Mavic Air?

It is a Mavic Air. You can see the Mavic Air remote controller at 17:47 in the video.

Reactions: Rah
It is a Mavic Air. You can see the Mavic Air remote controller at 17:47 in the video.
Thank you. I thought it was but I am not familiar with with other remotes look like.
I get that this guy will get soundly criticized but that is a gutsy (dumb) thing to do.

If he would have lost connection for an extended period with a low battery his RTH point is the building he landed on I take it?

For some reason my moderate fear of heights shows up when watching videos like this one.

Yes that's a Mavic Air, the top of the screen shows the word APAS at the very beginning of the video.

Pretty horrible pollution :(

Yes that's a Mavic Air, the top of the screen shows the word APAS at the very beginning of the video.

Pretty horrible pollution :(
It looks like smog. I hope it was just early morning and at least some of it was fog.

I was nervous for his Air for most of the video. I thought he was "knocking" on the one building to get peoples attention inside.

I agree he risked losing it when he lost connection a couple of times.

I thought it was a Mavic Air
This is the Mavic Air section
Not everyone goes into the photos area
I thought Mavic Air owners would be interested in it.

You can arrange my reasons in whatever order works best for your curiosity.

I thought it was a Mavic Air
This is the Mavic Air section
Not everyone goes into the photos area
I thought Mavic Air owners would be interested in it.

You can arrange my reasons in whatever order works best for your curiosity.
I just did by posting the link above:)! It's all good though.. Yes it was a MA.:D..

I've been up in the building with the enclosed crosswalk, I think it's the Shanghai World Financial Center and tops out around 500 meters. Did he land on the roof and then take off again? Looked like it. Anyway that was a ballsy flight.

A couple? He lost it countless times. Dang it even refused to take off again from that tower like 4-5 times. Scary!
I feel like he was walking around that park trying to get a better angle for the rc. No way would I try that, maybe with someone else's drone. :)

geez.... I've got my rush for the week!!! Have a feeling he has run that M.A. on fumes before. Before descending he was farting around... Gosh... 2%... I did not think he would make it, kept waiting for a freefall, but then no video, methinks. M.Air for sure. Aside from the APAS, you can see the block shape of the M.A. as he lands it. When he could not get it to re-take off...that was very nerve wracking... I wonder how many time he lost signal. Wonder how he fended off the RTH, thought it would have brought him back above the walkway. Sheesh. Entertaining for sure...but... hate to say it but seriously .... _______, (insert your favorite expletive here).

I did try to land on a car roof and could not take of again, due to compass calibration error.
Ladning on a build like this is a very high risk game. If there are some metal around, he would have lost his drone, no able to retrieve it. And what if the drone tried to return to home.
Scary video.

Reactions: tiparoch
Makes me sick just thinking about it falling down and some innocent person getting killed by it or causing a car crash..Kinda glad it happened in china he might end up in a prison there!!

I almost hate to say it but entertaining to watch, and going up 1 kilometre, rather clever how he did it, but seriously careless. Thinking later that if, after 5 times not being able to re take off, battery dies. And the M Air sits there, 500 metres up. It is typhoon season so a storm comes or a big-ish wind and blows it off, falls on someone. Sheesh. Try the land, re take off on a mountain, maybe chop up a flower or two.

One thing for sure, this guy knows the MA a whole ton better than I do. He really was inconsiderate of everything and everyone else other than his objective in accomplishing this feat. However, I learned a great deal reviewing this video. It expanded my 9 hours and 28 minutes of MA drone flight time experience a good amount. Mostly, increased confidence in the MA. Just know the aircraft and emergency procedures and the MA likely will come back to you.

Thank you for showing this in the MA threads.

Reactions: JDawg
It is absolutely Mavic Air!

Because of the APAS... The guy landed on the other building to reset the High and bypass the maximum altitude of 500m..

Absolutely insane.. Great video!
What 500m max alt? I've flown above that a number of times from the ground?

One thing for sure, this guy knows the MA a whole ton better than I do. He really was inconsiderate of everything and everyone else other than his objective in accomplishing this feat. However, I learned a great deal reviewing this video. It expanded my 9 hours and 28 minutes of MA drone flight time experience a good amount. Mostly, increased confidence in the MA. Just know the aircraft and emergency procedures and the MA likely will come back to you.

Thank you for showing this in the MA threads.

Good post, I know I learned some things. Pretty evident he knows the MA better than most and he knew the emergency procedures almost by reflex. Landing on the roof and not getting magnetic interference seems lucky and I was on the edge of my seat.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000