DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is this actually what the problem was? Did my drone go down because it was flying directly beneath my feet under a bridge?

In my experience flying under a bridge should only be performed when you are standing below or at the same level as your drone😉

In my experience flying under a bridge should only be performed when you are standing below or at the same level as your drone😉

. . . and looking right at it, even walking behind closely if possible.
But this is the DJI FPV and only flown with goggles, so really could be flown from anywhere.
As long as the pilot was experienced in flying this way, and confident if it went to atti mode.
Of course in this sort of scenario, most experienced FPV pilots would be flying in full manual atti mode most of the time anyway.

Even with FPF VLOS is a requirement, so no excuses. VLOS requirement can be satisfied with a visual observer to watch the drone.

It wouldn’t have just switched to atti mode if the signal was interrupted; more so it would have functioned like every other DJI drone and started failsafe. Now this should have been set to hover if you are flying over water and under bridges but even if it wasn’t it would have either tried to fly up or land (depending on the settings).

I stand by my initial assumption whereby it was being controlled by a novice and simply clipped the wall due most probably down to the controls being reversed while pointing at tue OP.

Reactions: Starz
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charliesunique