DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is this awesome idea possible?

so how are you able to see the thing from inside a building? or is this a pisstake?
VLOS is important and all, but I live on a rural property and if my drone falls from the sky, it's not going to hit anything.

I guess the big danger here is not being able to see or hear manned aircraft. :/

VLOS is important and all, but I live on a rural property and if my drone falls from the sky, it's not going to hit anything.

I guess the big danger here is not being able to see or hear manned aircraft. :/
funny how people just dont give a rats about the rules. I consider them as the law because here in Oz they are the law, not just a guideline

Reactions: ssvdh66
So will this work via HDMI from a Crystalsky directly into any HD television? Sounds like a cool idea for the DJI flight simulator I just downloaded.

Sorry, what is BVLOS? What do you mean about taking of before getting gos lock.
I can land a Mavic on a 3'x3' piece of plywood better than Luke Skywalker can shoot womp rats in a T-16 Skyhopper. ;p
BVLOS has been answer. As for GPS lock, the house would block about half the sky, which means the drone can’t ‘see’ the satellites that’s been blocked. So GPS position might be inaccurate.

So will this work via HDMI from a Crystalsky directly into any HD television?
Yep.

isnt one of the main things about flying the fact that you are outdoors enjoying the landscape?.
Or to get a different perspective through the camera than the usual boring ground view, so being outiside is irrelevant, and you could rather like to be inside than out in the cold...

Reactions: Rnl
BVLOS means Beyond Visual Line of Sight. Whether you are flying commercially (without waiver for 107.31 and without a visual observer) or recreationally, you (or a visual observer) are expected to maintain sight of your drone.

The only time I've crashed my drone was because I failed to maintain Visual Line of Sight (VLOS). The drone was flying behind me when I sideswiped a tree.

On an unrelated note, an antenna sticking out on the roof is very attractive for lightning. You might want to stick in some lightning protection.

Buzz killington over here...

Yep.

Or to get a different perspective through the camera than the usual boring ground view, so being outiside is irrelevant, and you could rather like to be inside than out in the cold...
yeah i suppose so. Living in the tropics, I never consider the cold weather

The Titan Drones Switch antenna system (amplifiers on both antennas) and their car mount antenna kit should fill the bill, and they can provide the longer antenna cables too. A few members on this forum use something similar.

Reactions: HVYMTL
Sorry, what is BVLOS? What do you mean about taking of before getting gos lock.
I can land a Mavic on a 3'x3' piece of plywood better than Luke Skywalker can shoot womp rats in a T-16 Skyhopper. ;p

Wow, you spent $1500 on your first drone?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flonke