DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is this for real?

Zero Zero replied to my email request and they will indeed be at the CES show next week... I will swing by their booth for sure... hopefully they will have an indoor demo area set up so we can actually see it fly.

Reactions: spicciani2
Well I was at the CES show today, pushed through the DJI booth and headed towards zero zero, Unfortunately they are not going to do a flying demo even though they have a flying cage, they're only going to fly the mini falcon... Much to my disappointment. The only demo was inside this mini cage on a free floating pedestal in which it did not take off but it could show how everything articulated and how the Motors moved to make it yaw

Attachments

• 20200107_154627.jpg
    20200107_154627.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 36
Thanks for the report!
It looks like they missed the mark.
They really need to fly this thing at the show to convince the world they are serious.
How much fun it must be to be there and disappointing also.

Thanks for the info! Maybe people will start buying and flying, maybe they won't, but there will definitely be a lot of YouTube videos about it.

Okay, so I went by there booth at CES again today and ask to see even there Falcon Mini flight demo and they said they might fly it at 1 o clock, I was not there if they flew but they had no idea if or when they would fly again... my opinion is when you are at the largest show in the United States to show your product you darn well better show it off... and they have not!

20200108_103028.jpg

I am still intrigued by the concept but I am extremely dubious as to why they won't fly it at the show!?

They said approximately March for the release of the falcon.

I am still intrigued by the concept but I am extremely dubious as to why they won't fly it at the show!?

My guess is because they still don't have the flight algorithms down. The flight cage is for show... Given their previous track record...I'm also very dubious as to whether they even have a working prototype... Maybe they do...it's still just a bit too rough around the edges and they expected it to be more refined by the time CES rolled around.

Many in the tech world have a "Fake it till you make it" mentality. They will continue to get as many people excited about their product has possible..this will generate revenue through small donations (AKA "deposits") and from investors that see those deposits pouring in. They are gambling that they will have enough money to pull this off. They are also gambling that their engineers can actually do it, and do it well. They might pull it off...it might turn into a dumpster FYRE :)

While the design is intriguing...I don't quite see the utility of two propellers instead of four. with a higher profile...clearance between obstacles like tree branches seems to be more of a problem than with a lower profile drone. I'm definitely interested in seeing how it turns out.

In the video @Magilla Gorilla posted, the gimbal would have to work very hard to keep the image stable in that kind of flying. Though I doubt someone who just bought it for fun would want to fly the V-Coptr around like that just to see how hard the gimbal works. Maybe YouTubers will do it as a durability test or something. Also, what about the vision sensing system? How well does that work?

Well I was at the CES show today, pushed through the DJI booth and headed towards zero zero, Unfortunately they are not going to do a flying demo even though they have a flying cage, they're only going to fly the mini falcon... Much to my disappointment. The only demo was inside this mini cage on a free floating pedestal in which it did not take off but it could show how everything articulated and how the Motors moved to make it yaw
Disappointing :mad:

Reactions: old man mavic
Did you watch the video in post #46? It appears they do have a working model. Still a puzzle as to why they don’t fly it at the show.

Yes...the pilot appeared to barely have control...quite similar to how my Airhog Helicopter used to fly back in the day. LOL.

Watching this video it looks like it's going to have a hard-working gimble:
My guess is that the camera won't be that great anyway. Probably have jello and other problems. That drone doesn't look very stable

Reactions: Shon
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky