DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is this it? The new mavic Jan 23?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if DJI releases a new Mavic Pro, its size won't be too different than the current MP. I'm expecting an improved camera and longer battery life (3-5 minutes). They wouldn't make the MP much smaller since DJI Spark is already on the market. It wouldn't make much sense.

I think if DJI releases a new Mavic Pro, its size won't be too different than the current MP. I'm expecting an improved camera and longer battery life (3-5 minutes). They wouldn't make the MP much smaller since DJI Spark is already on the market. It wouldn't make much sense.

Oh I don't know. At one time all of Suzuki's sport bikes were almost exactly the same bike with different sized motors. There were other small variants but it was difficult to tell the difference between the 600, 750 or 1000cc models. If they sold 3 Mavic models, ie Air, Pro and Pro+ for example, with everything being the same form factor but different camera, motors, range, etc. I think there would be a market. Especially, if one could purchase the upgrades later as their skills increased or their pockets got fuller.

Last edited:
Reactions: zero1981
Just another incremental update to DJI line up
Don’t expect to much

Don’t expect to much

I doubt it's an incremental update. I expect either a significant update to the Mavic line, or something to slot in between the Spark and Mavic. Either way, it's not going to be incremental.

Reactions: zero1981
Don’t expect to much
Doubt it.... mavic Pro Platinum was an incremental update...there's too much hype behind this to be incremental

Well if you take a look at the patterns for DJI this could be something brand new. It says for land, sea and AIR. FIXED WING. NO PROPS. BUT You can also file a patent to throw people off.

And yes their CS sucks. I went thru it for 3 months. One big thing I learned. When ever I buy I buy with Visa. Visa doesn't fight. They go in and tell. DJI gave me a P3P and my money back.

Yeah not too keen on the word "water resistant"...can you image how many folks will slam them into a lake and file a warranty claim...OMG
What good would flying in the rain do? One drop of water on the camera and it will blur out the camera. Unless it has wipers. The video would be awful.
Maybe its an underwater drone....lol

I think that is the lady coming out on 23rd. It is suppose, according to the reports I have heard
goes underwater with FPV, using the jet at the rear. it races on ground and flies at 58 mph. I think if they come anywhere close IMHO it would be a game changer and a big step to the beyond and a dominating factor for DJI. Even if they never get any CS. It might be water proof? But what about salt water and the cost. I would think something like that would start around $5,000 or more. IMHO.

Here is another sketch from OsitaLV

Attachments

• DUDTxMaVAAAYD0x.jpg
    DUDTxMaVAAAYD0x.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 111
I think that is the lady coming out on 23rd. It is suppose, according to the reports I have heard
goes underwater with FPV, using the jet at the rear. it races on ground and flies at 58 mph. I think if they come anywhere close IMHO it would be a game changer and a big step to the beyond and a dominating factor for DJI. Even if they never get any CS. It might be water proof? But what about salt water and the cost. I would think something like that would start around $5,000 or more. IMHO.
Ahahahahaha. Nope

Reactions: FuzLogix
I should sell my Mavic. It would have to be something spectacular for me to buy another DJI aircraft with such tight reigns on their firmware/flight software. It's overkill. I'll watch their keynote, but the competition is gearing up and providing alternatives.

but the competition is gearing up and providing alternatives.
The Mavic Pro has been around for 1+ years...I would think that the "so-called" competition would have released something by now. IMO, it's actually reverse...Parrot gone, 3DR gone, GoPro gone, Yuneec . Yes Autel has now announced the Evo, but they might be a bit too late arriving to the party. They (Autel) already have the X-Star which tries to compete with the Phantom.

Remember that you read it here first.....
The JAN 23 date is really code for 1,2,3 and 10AM refers to Version 1.0. as in a new beginning.
There will be three significant events introduced.

1) The main announcement will be of Apple's total purchase and ownership of DJI.

2) Discussions of a future product called Mavic Air that will replace the current Mavic Pro.
I envision a July 2018 release date with enhancement upgrades including speed, avoidance, battery life and camera resolutions.
A Tony Jive design offering fluidic aerodynamic sculpture? That would be really cool!

3) New pricing announcements on existing DJI products.

This announcement would accomplish several key objectives.

Double the worldwide media attention to DJI products immediately after the 2018 CES event.
Exclusively offer all worldwide Apple stores to sell and market high level DJI products such as the Inspire, Phantom, Mavic Air and Spark as white on white finishes. Apple is already making significant headway into the professional services business market. High level drones such as the Inspire would allow Apple to offer another layer of business specific applications to oil and gas industry, farming, commercial real estate, logistics, security, ect.

The consumer market release of the new lower priced Tello would be strictly sold online and at mass retailers such as Best Buy. No more DJI warranty issues if you could simply take your existing DJI drone directly to a local Apple store's Genius bar. Apple iPhone users would be further entrenched into the Apple ecosystem with the sale of the newly released OSMO handheld gimbal accessory; as an Apple White Edition or in standard black finishes.

An immediate price drop announcement of US$300 covering the entire existing Mavic Pro line.
This action would disrupt Yuneec H2 and Autel Evo launches gaining momentum and stall their product introductions. New Mavic sales conquests would increase pressure on the competitive market in the short term while offering a clear upgrade path to current Mavic users.

A further announcement that future products Apple and DJI products would be assembled in USA. This would raise interest in 'Buy America' and further distance comparisons made with Yuneec and Autel Robotics. Tim Cook completes another solid strategic purchase in DJI and stock rates surge yet again for Apple.

Last edited:
Reactions: Anthony Viscomi
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zzombie