DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is this real or a stolen idea?

Seventh Fairy

Reactions
I just saw this add with this guy saying he designed and basically invented a drone that can fly in forest fires, rain and all kinds of weather and that he came up with the idea and design and so on. It looks like he stole everything from dji and claimed it as his own, Is this even allowed or real?

Please check this out and let me know because this actually angered me a little.

There's plenty of these fake drone adverts about and many as Youtube which Google don't seem bothered about getting rid of despite them being blatant scams. I was watching this video recently which was showing how every part of them is nonsense although there's nothing subtle about these ads:

Yeah and it's all going to be BS, just an obvious scam...
That's the one, these have been around for years and were flooding instagram/facebook ads for a while, usually misrepresented as real Mavics...

Yeah and it's all going to be BS, just an obvious scam...

You now, as a lover of drones and dji drones at that, it pains me to see stuff like this, Its bad enough with drone id coming out, but could you imagine if people actually came out saying stuff like, ultimate spy drone for spying and or other privacy invasive stuff, then non drone flyers see it, believe it and rise up against the industry not knowing the truth and I'm like this could be damaging for the hobby for real if mis-information was widely spread and used against it.

yea except the whole commercial show a guy in the us military saying he loved it so much and its all made in the usa and so on
No gimbal
Note how they don't provide any specs, so you can't tell what the performance is like or how good the camera might be..
A little searching reveals that it has an FPV range of only 30 metres and a control signal range of 80-100 metres.
It's just a toy ... a piece of junk and the video is very deceptive.

claimed it as his own, Is this even allowed or real
In legalese, it's called "puffing"... It's not illegal, it's just not etherical Remember, Al Gore said he "invented the internet..."

Now, if he claims another company, by name, stole his idea; well, that's a "drone" of a different color...

Way back, just before I got into droning I thought that a Mavic Air clone would be acceptable so I ordered one from Banggood. It was a piece of crap that was defective out of the box. I fought with Banggood for a month (LONG) story and after I'd wasted a month with Banggood doing a rope-a-dop I finally went to my bank who refunded me my money, which I purchased a Mini 1 with. The Mini 1 was 100x better than the clone.

Reactions: LoudThunder
In legalese, it's called "puffing"... It's not illegal, it's just not etherical Remember, Al Gore said he "invented the internet..."

Now, if he claims another company, by name, stole his idea; well, that's a "drone" of a different color...
It's definitely not legal in the UK and possibly a case of the law lagging the technology since these adverts would never be allowed on TV or similar as they'd fall foul of many of the UK advertising laws.

My first drone was a DJI Phantom 3 Standard. It was sort of fun then. The problem was its limited range. There were many scary moments when I lost signal flying VLOS.

Next, I tried a Holy Stone HS720G. It looks like a Mavic but it only has a 2 axis gimbal and the camera is mediocre. Range is also limited. I also experienced many scary moments. I thought then that all drones are limited in range.

Then I bought a DJI Mavic 2 with Ocusync 2.0. Never looked back.

It's just an echines, most likely an e58 from the looks of things, which can be had for about $50 or less from banggood or Aliexpress. And the drone isn't worth even half that. There are no redeeming qualities about this drone whatsoever unless it sold for about $10-20 as a stocking stuffer. Short flight time, long recharge, bad software, horrible range and control issues. Camera sucks worse than a 10 year old camera phone and you have to manually adjust camera angle by hand, up or down but no side to side as there is no gimbal, on the drone before liftoff.

It's just one of those cheapo aliexpress mavic lookalikes with some stupid marketing blurb.
You truly get what you pay for. Great stocking stuffers for Christmas or a beginner drone with respect to being “lightweight”. ??? Less than 250 g ??? Can’t do to much about “copycat” design…my SUV looks just like every other manufacturer’s design.

I purchased one of these lookalikes for $79 Canadian way back. It was my first drone, operated in mode 2, flew like 💩 in the slightest winds, and was crashed many times before it’s demise.

This goes out to new up and comers who want to invest big bucks into a drone…If you can master flying one of these cheap lookalikes, then after, go out and buy a high end drone…the difference is night and day and you will be hooked on drones and photography / video. 👍

Yes, as stated, you get what you pay for. Although cheap, it would be a waste of money. The only one that could have legal stats would be DJI but I doubt they would waste their time and money.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d