DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is your Membership PIN on the Member's Map correctly located?

Heads-up: The maps feature is not working on the MavicPilots app, neither Android
Heads-up, I checked earlier (9:30 AM EST) and just now (2:55 PM EST) and it is working in both Windows 11 and in Android through the MavicPilots Web Site. I do not have any Apple products so I can't respond to that. However, if you are trying to access it through your phone, Good Luck, a lot of phones have a difficult problem bringing up Google maps, forget the fact that you are doing it as a link through the web site…

If this link does not bring up the member's Map, then you might need to set up your device to allow the MavicPilots web site to access your location (separate from the device, a Google Sub-function…), and you may have to enable Location in Google (a Google function…), and you must set Your Account Details, Privacy, Privacy Options… (Uncheck the Opt Out Box…)…

After this, you are on your own…

Heads-up, I checked earlier (9:30 AM EST) and just now (2:55 PM EST) and it is working in both Windows 11 and in Android through the MavicPilots Web Site. I do not have any Apple products so I can't respond to that. However, if you are trying to access it through your phone, Good Luck, a lot of phones have a difficult problem bringing up Google maps, forget the fact that you are doing it as a link through the web site…

If this link does not bring up the member's Map, then you might need to set up your device to allow the MavicPilots web site to access your location (separate from the device, a Google Sub-function…), and you may have to enable Location in Google (a Google function…), and you must set Your Account Details, Privacy, Privacy Options… (Uncheck the Opt Out Box…)…

After this, you are on your own…

Well, I was specifically referring to the MavicPilots mobile app, not the website. I did say that the map is working on the browser (both on phone and the computer). However, I do like to do things on app instead of heading over to browsers either on phone or the PC and unfortunately the map feature does not work on the phone app, most likely because the app's code was probably not configured to get/ask for the device's location. I even tried to associate the location permission to the app but it doesn't show the location in the app permission. So, it does bring up the maps pop-up but fails to load the actual map. Android and iOS same behavior. Just wanted to put it there for the administrators/developers to take note.

Reactions: LoudThunder
Well, I was specifically referring to the MavicPilots mobile app, not the website.
With 20/20 hindsight, and your explanation that you were specifically referring to the "phone app," yeah, it all makes sense. But many, many folks refer to programs as apps and apps as programs as if the two are the same... And as you can see in my explanation concerning the app's or program's permission in Google and the overall Google location permission applies to every device that is using Google and it's maps…

And whether it works or not is still user dependent (that's means you…).

Below are two screen grabs from my Galaxy A02s Android phone… And after I brought up the map, I zoomed into my Marker (Member's Pin…).

And if I kept zooming in, the map would go to Street View and if I had not discretely move my marker a bit in the beginning, it would have come up with my home…

phone view.jpg

With 20/20 hindsight, and your explanation that you were specifically referring to the "phone app," yeah, it all makes sense. But many, many folks refer to programs as apps and apps as programs as if the two are the same... And as you can see in my explanation concerning the app's or program's permission in Google and the overall Google location permission applies to every device that is using Google and it's maps…

And whether it works or not is still user dependent (that's means you…).

Below are two screen grabs from my Galaxy A02s Android phone… And after I brought up the map, I zoomed into my Marker (Member's Pin…).

And if I kept zooming in, the map would go to Street View and if I had not discretely move my marker a bit in the beginning, it would have come up with my home…

View attachment 170827

If you're using the MavicPilots app on your A02s downloaded from Google Playstore and can use the map feature in that app then something can probably be wrong with my user which is highly unlikely because I tested the same app on my Apple iPad, my Android tablet and two of my Android phone. All have the same issue which is why I think that if you have the app working (by app I mean the app from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store which I think you can only use if you're a paid member of this community), then my devices would be to blame which again is highly unlikely for all of them to be problematic. Please note that all other apps work fine including the Google Maps itself, so I would deem the culprit to be the MavicPilots app.

On the other hand, if you're using the browser on your phone, that would make things different. All apps have separate location permissions so it's not necessary that if the browser can access the location then the MavicPilots app would also have that access/permission by default, which is where the problem lies. If someone on this thread who's a paid member and used the MavicPilots app, can check to see if the map is getting loaded on their app or not, then we can have a cross reference.

Screens below from my Android phone. I hope this makes things clear.

1000075342.jpg

1000075343.jpg

1000075344.jpg

1000075345.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: LoudThunder
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads