DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is your Membership PIN on the Member's Map correctly located?

LoudThunder

Part 107 Licensed
Reactions
I welcome every new member who signs into the "Pilot Check In" Sub Forum with this statement…

"We have a Member's Map in the Upper Right of the Title Bar. Click on "Members" and then Click on "Member's Map…" Check it out and you might find some new flying friends."

Because some members were a bit discrete about their location and entered only their country (USA, Japan, UK, Brazil, etc…) and in a few cases, only their planet (Earth…), their Member PIN on the Map seems to have gotten "lost in space…."

I just noticed that when I Zoom in the Member's Map, and if I do it enough time, it zooms in the map until only my member PIN is visible…

I do not know if this is unique to me due to my location or if it is true for all members.

So, I am asking, for maybe a half dozen or so members (not hundreds of members…) to Click on the Member's Map as I wrote above in Quotes and then on the Member's Map, on the Top Right of the Map is a "Full Screen Icon" Button, Click it and the Map should fill your whole screen…

Now, Click the Plus "+" symbol on the Lower Right and keep Clicking it… Each time you Click it, the Map will Zoom in, You do that enough time and it will Zoom into a spot so small, you should see only one PIN and that should be your PIN…

Please reply back if your Member PIN was also centered? And if it is not in the locations you expected it to be, you can Click and Hold, and move the PIN to where you want to it be…

What I am really interested in is if you are one of those members who had lost your PIN and this method found your lost PIN so you can now move it to its proper location…

Thanking everyone in advance and "Zoom Safe…" L o L . . .

Reactions: ImpossibleTom
I don't see any map.
If you have not enabled Google to know your location, the software does not know where to center the map and does not show any map…

I know Google knows my location because everytime I run google maps in centers the map where I am. Can you post a screenshot of what the map icon looks like?

@LoudThunder my pin was in the correct place ,and after zooming several times it was the only pin visible

When I zoom in it zooms to the correct location but there's no pin anywhere nearby. I checked my settings and the "opt out" option is NOT checked. Actually, I've never seen a pin that appeared to represent my location.

• Wow
Reactions: LoudThunder
Yep, checked mine. Mine the only one listed for 50 miles. I've given up on flying with anyone else. I know 3 people from work who have drones and no interest in flying together which is fine, I've always been a loner when it comes to flying my whole life with very few exceptions.

Reactions: LoudThunder
I welcome every new member who signs into the "Pilot Check In" Sub Forum with this statement…

"We have a Member's Map in the Upper Right of the Title Bar. Click on "Members" and then Click on "Member's Map…" Check it out and you might find some new flying friends."

Because some members were a bit discrete about their location and entered only their country (USA, Japan, UK, Brazil, etc…) and in a few cases, only their planet (Earth…), their Member PIN on the Map seems to have gotten "lost in space…."

I just noticed that when I Zoom in the Member's Map, and if I do it enough time, it zooms in the map until only my member PIN is visible…

I do not know if this is unique to me due to my location or if it is true for all members.

So, I am asking, for maybe a half dozen or so members (not hundreds of members…) to Click on the Member's Map as I wrote above in Quotes and then on the Member's Map, on the Top Right of the Map is a "Full Screen Icon" Button, Click it and the Map should fill your whole screen…

Now, Click the Plus "+" symbol on the Lower Right and keep Clicking it… Each time you Click it, the Map will Zoom in, You do that enough time and it will Zoom into a spot so small, you should see only one PIN and that should be your PIN…

Please reply back if your Member PIN was also centered? And if it is not in the locations you expected it to be, you can Click and Hold, and move the PIN to where you want to it be…

What I am really interested in is if you are one of those members who had lost your PIN and this method found your lost PIN so you can now move it to its proper location…

Thanking everyone in advance and "Zoom Safe…" L o L . . .
Ok apparently I’m a day late and a dollar short. I looked for my pin ( I’m not opting out) near Honor, Michigan. Nothing there. I did the zoom in, but I’m currently in Philadelphia, so that doesn’t work. How do I add my pin? Or should it be automatic?

Edit: I tried again using my computer instead of my phone. Your instructions are good. But I definitely have no pin. There are a couple of pins north of me, which makes sense since it's not a densely populated area.

Last edited:
Mine was close. Moved it closer.

Same for me as post#7. No pin. (that’s probably because I set it up that way)

Should be so easy. But I cannot find “Members” in the Title Bar. 🥺. Not sure I’m even looking at the “Title Bar”. Can you help this ignoramus . . .

It shows the map over my approximate current location without a pin. I'm away from home. I have Google Maps location enabled.

Should be so easy. But I cannot find “Members” in the Title Bar. 🥺. Not sure I’m even looking at the “Title Bar”. Can you help this ignoramus . . .
Solved!😊
But only partly.😕
Turned iPad from Portrait to Landscape, and the menu items appeared !
But the map shows only a blank rectangular box - nothing inside.
Maybe I’ll magically figure that out, but will appreciate any suggestions 😊

Click on Members, then a tile bar will appear just below the first option and is indentified as members map, (on a mac anyway).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas