DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

On the Member's Map, my Pin did a "Fly Away…" Fix'd now, but is your Pin where is should be?

LoudThunder

Part 107 Licensed
Reactions
I always put instructions into my Welcome Note to the New Members who post in the Pilot Check In.

I stumbled onto an old posting that mentioned that a member could not find their Member's Pin so I brought up the Map and as you know, it centers on "Your" location, so I zoomed into my area of the country and found that my pin had done a bit of a "Fly-Away" and I found it about 50-miles NNW of where it should have been…

I know we had some issues with our Member's Map a while back, so I suggest "yaul take a look-see" and check your Pins Location…

I always put instructions into my Welcome Note to the New Members who post in the Pilot Check In.

I stumbled onto an old posting that mentioned that a member could not find their Member's Pin so I brought up the Map and as you know, it centers on "Your" location, so I zoomed into my area of the country and found that my pin had done a bit of a "Fly-Away" and I found it about 50-miles NNW of where it should have been…

I know we had some issues with our Member's Map a while back, so I suggest "yaul take a look-see" and check your Pins Location…
Gosh you are correct, I now seem to live 40 miles away from my house, so have just dragged myself back into my proper position, cheers Len

My map is blank except for the blue dot.

My location shows me at 160 miles north of where I am located. I think that has something to do with where your browser seems to think you are at.
I moved my flag and now it seems to have stuck where it is supposed to be. We will see when I log in to my computer next time whether or not it stays put.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm definitely not where I once was. Even more challenging, I have no idea where my dot is, so I can't fix it.

If the map can't stay accurate, there's really not much point in trying to correct it.

Reactions: MA2 317
I use my iPhone to check this forum and have yet to be able to access the members map. All I get is a shaded blank screen. Is the iPhone not capable of viewing this? Thanks.

Well...I'm not sure sure if one of the approved site vendors is located in MO, U.S.A. 🤔

But that's where the pin is at.

Screenshot_20230310_171650_Chrome.jpg

The pins must be in Atti-mode and drift with the wind. :D

Just checked mine and it was easily 8 miles away. I moved the pin to my home. Hope it stays there.

Reactions: LoudThunder
I wonder why it doesn't show me on the member map?
It probably moved. For some reason, these PINS just move on their own. I know I'm on the map, but since it moved a couple months ago, I've never been able to find myself.

The admins need to set the map to non-updating. When you login, and your IP is different, I think the map moves you.

Reactions: LoudThunder
I wonder why it doesn't show me on the member map?
Have you ever seen your pin on the map to begin with... There are several things from your end that could prevent you from appearing on the map. So, first off, have you seen your Pin on the Map at some time in the past? I just checked mine and it is where it should be...

No, I've never seen my pin ever. I checked in my account settings and my address etc is correct and my permissions is enabled to show my location .
Have you ever seen your pin on the map to begin with... There are several things from your end that could prevent you from appearing on the map. So, first off, have you seen your Pin on the Map at some time in the past? I just checked mine and it is where it should be...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne