DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

issue in RTH in mavic 2 pro

Harisch18

Reactions
yesterday i was flying my mavic 2 pro and then i hit the RTH button, it came all the way right from where i flew it. i repeated the same today but instead of landing on the home point it started landing where it was. i used the sticks to land it on safe place. its so disappointing.
can someone give me a hand about this?

yesterday i was flying my mavic 2 pro and then i hit the RTH button, it came all the way right from where i flew it. i repeated the same today but instead of landing on the home point it started landing where it was. i used the sticks to land it on safe place. its so disappointing.
can someone give me a hand about this?
The important question is ... how far away was the drone?
RTH is one of the most important features to understand well.
There are several pages about it in the manual.
This is part of the information on page 18:
a. If the aircraft is further than 20 m from the Home Point when the RTH procedure begins, it ascends to the pre-set RTH altitude and then flies to the Home Point at a speed of 12 m/s. If the current altitude is higher than the RTH altitude, the aircraft flies to the Home Point at the current altitude. Forward and Backward vision systems are enabled.
b. If the aircraft is between 5 m and 20 m from the Home Point when the RTH procedure begins:
i. If the RTH at Current Altitude option is enabled the aircraft flies to the Home Point at the current altitude, unless the current altitude is less than 2 m, in which case the aircraft ascends to 2 m and then flies to the Home Point at a speed of 3 m/s.
ii. If the RTH at Current Altitude option is disabled, the aircraft lands immediately.
c. If the aircraft is less than 5 m from the Home Point when the RTH procedure begins, it lands immediately.

a. If the aircraft is further than 20 m from the Home Point when the RTH procedure begins, it ascends to the pre-set RTH altitude and then flies to the Home Point at a speed of 12 m/s. If the current altitude is higher than the RTH altitude, the aircraft flies to the Home Point at the current altitude. Forward and Backward vision systems are enabled.
b. If the aircraft is between 5 m and 20 m from the Home Point when the RTH procedure begins:
i. If the RTH at Current Altitude option is enabled the aircraft flies to the Home Point at the current altitude, unless the current altitude is less than 2 m, in which case the aircraft ascends to 2 m and then flies to the Home Point at a speed of 3 m/s.
ii. If the RTH at Current Altitude option is disabled, the aircraft lands immediately.
c. If the aircraft is less than 5 m from the Home Point when the RTH procedure begins, it lands immediately.
ohhh,i got it.

That feature is a blessing and a curse. It isn't something someone would intuitively expect which could be bad.
However when you're coming home from a close by location, there's a greater chance normal RTH could be detrimental or at least a waste. Why go all the way up 120ft just to come back 20ft?
Perhaps it should ask you how you want to go home, and default to normal.

Good explanation.
Instruction manual, pages: from 15 to 19.
It is important to know our aircraft well. Reading the manual is essential.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78