DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Issue with range

I don’t think it’s bad at all I’m very impressed I got 3.2 miles the other day mind you I’m surrounded by apartments with WiFi signal.
I really am old and cautious. I would be scared ****less to fly that far, never mind in an area of apartments!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Arce101
I really am old and cautious. I would be scared ****less to fly that far, never mind in an area of apartments!
you just gotta know your limits and do your inspections before hand battery seated properly and always check props #1 and weather conditions windage

I don’t think it’s bad at all I’m very impressed I got 3.2 miles the other day mind you I’m surrounded by apartments with WiFi signal.
Fully stock M2P, 4.7 miles away, in an urban environment, where the battery was the only limiting factor. Could easily have gone further. Even had time to shoot a spherical pano on the way back! M2 signal range is never an issue. The battery is the only limit.
F14C29D9-C8AF-4B67-ACE1-FB37F8061A1E.jpeg

No, 31mph most of the flight (max P mode), but only 12mph as I turned away at the farthest point, as I bumped into a GEO fence.
Oh okay I can get a max of 17,773 bc of the apartments I live at also had a disconnect today at that range that’s my max I think bc of me being in a area with a lot of WiFi

Oh okay I can get a max of 17,773 bc of the apartments I live at also had a disconnect today at that range that’s my max I think bc of me being in a area with a lot of WiFi
Your range is more limited by LOS obstructions between you and the aircraft than by any Wifi interference, as the Occusync 2.0 can over come all such interference by quickly jumping channels and bands. Unless you are flying from an elevated launch site, like I am, well above the terrain you are flying over, LOS interference will quickly become an issue the farther away you fly, as the adjacent buildings and tree tops start to block the signal, unless you keep elevating to compensate, as you fly further away.

You’re right but then I’m at 7 8 hundred ft higher were there’s a lot more wind wish I lived somewhere where there was like no wind then I could max it out I’m in Indiana unfortunately it’s very windy out here

You’re right but then I’m at 7 8 hundred ft higher were there’s a lot more wind wish I lived somewhere where there was like no wind then I could max it out I’m in Indiana unfortunately it’s very windy out here
While the wind is higher at higher altitudes, if you launch from a higher altitude and then descend down the slope, you will still only be affected by the wind at the much lower altitude over the ground beneath the aircraft. I fly from 250 ASL to sea level and can easily be no more than 50' above the ocean at 4-5 miles away. While it is usually very windy at my launch site, the wind is much lower, as I descend farther away. The lower I hug the ground/ocean, the less wind I encounter.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair