DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Issues with the DJI app trying to take off

Rhys_Cavill

Reactions
Hiya guys, I tried to fly my Mavic Mini for the first time last night, but I live in an authorisation zone & it wouldn’t let me authorise it, and then I found out I needed to update the app, and then it let me, but by then it was too dark.
Waited all day today to finish work & be able to fly it today, but the same thing seemed to have happened, but it won’t let me update. It won’t go past 0%, and is saying I have no internet connection, when I do (I even sat next to the router). the most it got to was 7%, but was taking aages, so I left it unattended. I came back to it about half an hour later, and it said it failed to download, but it didn’t usually get past 0 or 1%.I’ve attached a screen shot (I also tried uninstalling and re installing the app, but it’s still doing the same thing)
i’ll also attach another unrelated screenshot of a message that keeps popping up in Chinese, but I’m not sure what it says or means. It would be great if anyone could help, but my first point is the most important.A19BFC78-A0E0-4F32-A913-1431024A4F86.png

Attachments

• 5C3BE529-D3AE-4990-AFD7-5DF59BD1F809.png
    5C3BE529-D3AE-4990-AFD7-5DF59BD1F809.png
    7.9 MB · Views: 17
there has just been an app update and a firmware update as well in order for the firmware update to work the app has to be the latest one first before you can do the latest firmware update
the best way to do it is have at least 75% battery charge in the RC AC and device and once the app has been installed then turn on the RC connected to the device and then the AC leave everything turned on and connected and then in the device screen touch the three dots to bring up the menu and select about and then firmware check and the update screen will either say latest firmware or update available then just follow the instructions on the screen ( dont forget to remove gimbal clamp before you turn on the drone the internet issue could be because so many people are using it at the moment and it slows everything down

Reactions: Tommy85
there has just been an app update and a firmware update as well in order for the firmware update to work the app has to be the latest one first before you can do the latest firmware update
the best way to do it is have at least 75% battery charge in the RC AC and device and once the app has been installed then turn on the RC connected to the device and then the AC leave everything turned on and connected and then in the device screen touch the three dots to bring up the menu and select about and then firmware check and the update screen will either say latest firmware or update available then just follow the instructions on the screen ( dont forget to remove gimbal clamp before you turn on the drone the internet issue could be because so many people are using it at the moment and it slows everything down
This is fantastic, thank you! I charged my phone more, and the update downloaded! However, I now have the issue of the dji fly application not asking if I want to unlock a geo zone. I look on YouTube & it automatically asks if people want to unlock theirs, but mine doesn’t (I’m in the blue zone) and I have a dji account, so I still can’t fly :(

Reactions: old man mavic
sorry to hear you cant fly where you are ,i must be very lucky where i live, in all the places when i have gone out to fly i have never been prevented from taking off and even after the flysafe update i was still able to fly

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djiNonMini