DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

It’s April. Any new word on the Mavic Mini SDK being released?

I googled Litchi but I could not find out anything about using a particular Tablet instead a phone and I could not find anywhere to ask them.

Litchi is a third party application that lets you program "missions" using waypoints. Once the mission is ready to go, you upload it the aircraft and the aircraft runs the mission autonomously, following the flight path, recording video, taking photos, pointing camera, etc. without any intervention from you.

Litchi won't be able to answer your question until the SDK comes out and they can see what's in it.

Litchi would be great. While I don't use the waypoint planner with my Phantom, I love flying it FPV with goggles and iphone. That's what I'd like to see with the Mini. Of course the other functionality that comes with Litchi would be much appreciated.

Looks like the SDK release has slipped to September. Add the Litchi development time, would it be fair to say that Christmas looks like practical time for something useable ? :(

In the dev forum from DJI are talking about the middle of the year

No, they added support for Matrice 300 and seems that they have been working on the issues that they have with the waypoint missions.

Last edited:
Here the Highlights what DJI added in the 4.12 SDK released May 07, 2020:

1589038791675.png

Of course, you shouldn't be sending a drone out of sight under any circumstances, but the main purpose of waypoint missions is that you can fly precisely where you want while pointing the camera at anything you want, both done with "cinematic" smoothness. Put simply, it's a way for a putz pilot like me to get professional-looking video. I'd also like to try 3D aerial mapping.
I see being able to set waypoints a huge advantage, allowing the pilot to concentrate on the photography rather than the flying. I'm hopeful Litchi will be able to provide that soon, and DJI will release the SDK to allow them to do so.

Reactions: Frank Windt
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaVVT