DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

It’s April. Any new word on the Mavic Mini SDK being released?

There was a rumor that there never was a planned release for April -- that it won't be until August or September. I was really looking forward to using Litchi this summer, and a lot of what I was hoping to do depended on it. :mad:

A mod. on the DJI Forum was mentioning earlier that while the SDK was still due to April he stopped receiving updates, thus it might be delayed.

i would think in light of the current situation around the world,that not much of anything is going to happen until we get on top of it

There was a rumor that there never was a planned release for April -- that it won't be until August or September
It's not only a rumor. Following the response I received from DJI asking for a release date for the SDK supporting the Mini:

Thank you for contacting DJI Developer Support with your question. At this time, we're shooting for a mid-year release to support the Mavic Mini but it's still a moving target. I recommend looking for updates in our Release Notes and please feel free to reach back out to us directly again, if you would like an update.

Until DJI opens back up after the Coronavirus, nothing much is likely to happen. What software activities, if any, going on will be going to fix the motor control software and resolving the strange drop problem.

Reactions: Capt KO
Litchi has attributes (unavailable on Fly) that I really need for my mini, but missions is not one of them. The thought of sending that little thing out, uncontrolled, out of sight, is terrifying. To me

I’ll just watch...........................?...................................?......................................?

Litchi has attributes (unavailable on Fly) that I really need for my mini, but missions is not one of them. The thought of sending that little thing out, uncontrolled, out of sight, is terrifying. To me

I’ll just watch...........................?...................................?......................................?
Of course, you shouldn't be sending a drone out of sight under any circumstances, but the main purpose of waypoint missions is that you can fly precisely where you want while pointing the camera at anything you want, both done with "cinematic" smoothness. Put simply, it's a way for a putz pilot like me to get professional-looking video. I'd also like to try 3D aerial mapping.

I'd also like to try 3D aerial mapping.
If you haven't tried it out yet, check out Hivemapper.com and their 3D aerial mapping technology. They have pre-configured aerial map patterns on Litchi. You fly the mission pattern, then upload your resulting videos to Hivemapper to add to their global 3D aerial map.

My two cents from another putz pilot who wants cinematic video, but still flies manually like I'm nervous or something. :cool:

Reactions: PanX and Capt KO
Phantoms spoiled me. Great big dinosaur that I never worry about. Not so with my mini. Have to watch out for bugs.

I completely agree! I flew 18 holes of a golf course with my Phantom and Lovely Litchi, a few of those shots were out of sight for a time but I never worried about the Big Bird's return. Fabulous!

Reactions: Capt KO

Maybe read the comments?

Of course, you shouldn't be sending a drone out of sight under any circumstances, but the main purpose of waypoint missions is that you can fly precisely where you want while pointing the camera at anything you want, both done with "cinematic" smoothness. Put simply, it's a way for a putz pilot like me to get professional-looking video. I'd also like to try 3D aerial mapping.
You can do some 3d maps manually, I already did a few models with metashape and the result is very good I have to say! You just need to setup the auto shot o time shot i don't rememebr the name, and then slowly fly aound the buildings you want to recreate or the area you want to scan. It's quite easy I have to say.

Here's a newbie question. What is Litchi? Is it a program that allows me to use a Samsung tablet instead of my tiny phone?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78