DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

It has come to this.....

b86197f60de1529a9a5e5729dadca727.jpg
. I just attached this to mine . $1.00 on amazon.

This is what I have also. Haven't powered up without removing clamp since I got this.

Anyone want to sell me an extra for cheap? $6 for 1 or 5 for $10. Obviously a better deal in bulk but I only need 1.

Well, let me see, this month so far, I bought a mavic, landing pad, filter set, an extra battery, a case, extra props, a tablet holder, usb cables, 2 micro SD cards, etc, etc, etc.

This weekend we start vacation. The money is just flowing out of my account like a waterfall. So it's not so much being cheap, as it is being reasonable and continuing to have Wife-Approval Factor (WAF). I am pretty sure that there are a dozen more accessories I could buy, but that would not be very helpful in maintaining WAF. This item is not a necessity, and therefore will probably have to wait. I do have some paracord, so maybe that option is more feasible atm.

Reactions: steen6673
Another Elegant Solution:
I had to buy a new clear plastic camera cover when the locking tab on mine broke off. The replacement has two built in gimbal lock "fingers" that secure the gimbal every time I put the cover back on after a flight. When you take the cover off before each flight, you are automatically removing the gimbal lock. 1503061010156.jpg

attach a piece of tape to the clamp so it protrudes out of the gimbal dome. you will never NOT notice it before flight.

I had to buy a new clear plastic camera cover when the locking tab on mine broke off. The replacement has two built in gimbal lock "fingers" that secure the gimbal every time I put the cover back on after a flight. When you take the cover off before each flight, you are automatically removing the gimbal lock. View attachment 20069

I have this too but it didnt stop from starting up without removing it :( had to get the remove before flight ribbon...Thumbswayup

I had to buy a new clear plastic camera cover when the locking tab on mine broke off. The replacement has two built in gimbal lock "fingers" that secure the gimbal every time I put the cover back on after a flight. When you take the cover off before each flight, you are automatically removing the gimbal lock. View attachment 20069

I picked up this cover/gimbal lock before vacation. Much easier to use and I think holds the gimbal in place better than stock. Kept the Mavic in a laptop style backpack the entire trip and it never shifted or moved. Before sometimes I'd pull the Mavic out of the fly-more bag and the gimbal guard would be loose just from bouncing around in the car.

Just ordered my tags. Glad I'm not the only one who constantly forgets to remove the cover!!

DJI should put a small magnet on the cover and use a Hall sensor to check on start up if shield is in place or not. The firmware could check the status as part of startup and warn the operator before it even tries running the gimbal to its reference points.

Tech Girl

Uh. No. Last thing we need is more 'somethings' for compass interference.

LP

I'm confused. If I start my Mavic with the gimbal clamp on, I get an error. To remove the gimbal clamp, you have to remove the cover. Are you removing the clamp, then replacing the cover and then forgetting to take it off? My cover has a silicon cover that will block the image. If yours does not, paint it black and then the lack of an image will remind you to remove the cover.

Navy jet pilot school Moffett Field CA: Student landed his jet trainer with gears up despite sign at end of runway WHEELS, flares shot off next to sign from tower and tower telling him to "check gear down". Asked why he still didn't put his gear down..."darn horn in cockpit was making so much noise I couldn't concentrate. True story.

Reactions: workfortravel
Navy jet pilot school Moffett Field CA: Student landed his jet trainer with gears up despite sign at end of runway WHEELS, flares shot off next to sign from tower and tower telling him to "check gear down". Asked why he still didn't put his gear down..."darn horn in cockpit was making so much noise I couldn't concentrate. True story.

Hopefully the Navy found him a more suitable job than flying multi-million dollar jets.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada