DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

It has come to this.....

Hopefully the Navy found him a more suitable job than flying multi-million dollar jets.
This was in the 1950's and since The 4 engine airliners of that time were about $700,000, I doubt a Navy jet trainer was over $500,000. Just the same, I am sure he washed out of the Navy and went to work for the airlines....as a baggage handler.

Reactions: Dahveed
IMG_7211.JPG IMG_7210.JPG
Didn't someone have a miniature "remove before flight" lanyard? That would be a good reminder too.

You can purchase a pack of the small remove before flight flags (5) or so for somewhere around $10 on eBay. They are actually key chains. I removed the key ring and then affixed a rubber band through the little hole. I attach the rubber band to the front of my gimbal cover and stretch the remove before flight flag towards the rear and lay it top of battery. As soon as I open my case and remove my Mavic, it is the first thing I see. I also purchased a clear gimbal cover that includes the gimbal clamp so when i remove the clear cover, the gimbal is free

b86197f60de1529a9a5e5729dadca727.jpg
. I just attached this to mine . $1.00 on amazon.
not available in the UK.

I'm confused. If I start my Mavic with the gimbal clamp on, I get an error. To remove the gimbal clamp, you have to remove the cover. Are you removing the clamp, then replacing the cover and then forgetting to take it off? My cover has a silicon cover that will block the image. If yours does not, paint it black and then the lack of an image will remind you to remove the cover.

Dahveed, the idea is that it's not a good idea to overload the gimbal by forgetting. Prevent the error, instead of remediating the issue afterwards. People (myself included) are forgetting to remove both the gimbal lock and the cover/dome. I suspect that the reminder badge on the dome reminds the owner to remove both. The reminder badge would be difficult to connect to the lock because the lock is covered by the dome.

I ordered the combo cover/lock and the badge, which I'll attach over the weekend.

I don't understand why this issue seems to be such a big deal. There is such a ridiculously easy way to solve this "problem" FOR FREE.
An 8 to 10 inch long piece of gift wrapping ribbon, color of YOUR choice, taped to the clamp or dome, and you're done!
Takes 2 minutes to attach.
You absolutely need nothing more than this to remind you remove the clamp or dome before flight.
If anyone needs more than this as a reminder, I might suggest taking up stamp collecting.

BTW...I do not use the clamp. I feel there is a greater chance of damaging the gimbal by just getting the clamp on and off.
I just place a softly crumpled up piece of eyeglasses cleaning cloth inside the dome before attaching it and it gently holds the gimbal just fine.
20170824_080126.jpg

I don't understand why this issue seems to be such a big deal. There is such a ridiculously easy way to solve this "problem" FOR FREE.
An 8 to 10 inch long piece of gift wrapping ribbon, color of YOUR choice, taped to the clamp or dome, and you're done!
Takes 2 minutes to attach.
You absolutely need nothing more than this to remind you remove the clamp or dome before flight.
If anyone needs more than this as a reminder, I might suggest taking up stamp collecting.

BTW...I do not use the clamp. I feel there is a greater chance of damaging the gimbal by just getting the clamp on and off.
I just place a softly crumpled up piece of eyeglasses cleaning cloth inside the dome before attaching it and it gently holds the gimbal just fine.
View attachment 20474

Dare I say you're missing the point BerndM. This is a forum to SHARE solutions and things that work for people. It might not be a "problem" for you, but that doesn't mean it isn't an issue for anybody.

Thanks for your ribbon suggestion (we heard you the first time), but I, for one, like to see what my fellow pilots use to remind themselves.

Besides, the OP was merely making a funny comment with his picture.

Last edited:
I have yet to forget to take mine off in the entire week of ownership .. I must be doing something wrong.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78