DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

It was the right price and decision?

Latawiec

Reactions
Hi All. I just have pulled trigger on a boxed Mavic 2 Pro with smart controller (5 months old) and 3 batteries (one never used). All for £1450 here in the UK from 100% rated ebay seller with possibility of 14 days return. The seller is claiming that he has flown it less than 10 times.
I own a Mavic Air for exactly a year now, which is a great travel drone and I was thinking of buying a crystalsky 5.5 monitor for it. I love the quick shots while traveling but... The flying time and quality of still shots are not enough for me to fully enjoy my new hobby when on typical flying days out - not traveling.

I feel a bit uncomfortable spending so much money, especially when owning a drone already but... I want to see how the Pro2 is performing and then make a decision which one to keep.

Any device on what to look for in used MP2 Pro, will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Last edited:
The biggest thing I'd be concerned about buying a used drone is the batteries, especially if it's been flown infrequently. Proper battery storage is extremely important to avoid issues that may result in your $1500 investment falling from the sky. To my knowledge there is no way to verify this other than the seller's word, however. See if you can get some information out of him regarding his battery habits - here is a link to best practices: Battery Management

If you aren't comfortable the seller has been taking proper care of the batteries, I would take advantage of the 14 day return policy. Just my opinion.

Other than that, check it physically for any signs or wear or stress, verify the props are installed in the proper orientation and none are damaged, etc. Update firmware if needed (if there is new battery firmware, each battery needs to be cycled through the aircraft separately to update them all). It operates exactly like your Air for the most part. Start slow and careful as you verify that everything is in good working order.

If flying time and still photo quality were your main complaints with the Air, I think you will be very impressed by the Pro2. Enjoy!

Reactions: Latawiec
Thanks for your advice. I definitely will start with checking the number of battery cycles to establish if the sellers claim of under 10 flights is true. If that's correct I will perform all necessary firmware updates including the batterry packs and will take it for a test flight.
When I got my Air a year ago I wasnt paying too much attention to the battery care for the first few months, sometimes leaving them fully charged for weeks.
All 3 batteries are still performing flawlessly to this day. So, if there was only 10 flights between 2 batteries, or even 10 flights with each batterry, I am confident, that with proper care from now on, they will work as designed to.

Reactions: CanadaDrone
Thanks for your advice. I definitely will start with checking the number of battery cycles to establish if the sellers claim of under 10 flights is true. If that's correct I will perform all necessary firmware updates including the batterry packs and will take it for a test flight.
When I got my Air a year ago I wasnt paying too much attention to the battery care for the first few months, sometimes leaving them fully charged for weeks.
All 3 batteries are still performing flawlessly to this day. So, if there was only 10 flights between 2 batteries, or even 10 flights with each batterry, I am confident, that with proper care from now on, they will work as designed to.
I own a mavic 2 Pro and it is a awesome drone I love it both video and still photography is great. Money well spent

I picked up my Mavic Pro used, and have not had one issue with it that was not my fault. Since you already are flying a drone, I sure you will have
less learning curve then I had.

I am happy to report that the mavic 2 pro I got is actually like in new condition. 2 batteries had only 3 charges on them, and the 3rd one only 6. It flyes like a dream, and the smart controller is a really great piece of kit, in terms of comfort of use and speed of setup before taking off. Now I know that my money was well spent.
BTW, I have Mavic Air fly more combo in Arctic white for sale with few extras. Listed on ebay already.

Reactions: IShouldBeWorking

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan