DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Italy and Greece drone regulation

Google translated official announcement.. BTW registration form is not available in English, yet....

ANNOUNCEMENT 22/5 - TRANSITIONAL PERIOD OF LICENSEE MANAGERS
As part of the launch of the new electronic platform / web application for Unmanned Aerial Systems (SMAs) and aiming at serving the public for the period during which the procedures for the licensing and certification of SEMA Operator Training Centers in Greece , We inform you that all users of the professional category as well as of the amateur category when a Operator License is required may use the platform normally used Seeing the REGISTERED AUTHORIZATION number that is automatically given by the system instead of the MANUFACTURER LICENSE number.
Therefore, all MMS users who are required by regulation to declare their flight plan in the Flight Information Application (Drone Aware - GR) can normally subscribe to Υ.Π.Α. - ΣμηΕΑ - Είσοδος, indicating the type of use Of SmEEA. In this period, a license for commercial exploitation may be made by operators whose SMPU operates an operator holding a Operator License from our Service after recognition of a foreign Education Center's license.
This decision will be valid until 31/08/2017 at the latest, and the availability of certified Operator Training Centers in Greece will be reviewed. A notice will be given before the end of the period.

The Head of the Flight Standards Directorate
Etc.

C. SOUVANOS

First thoughts: Have not used the form as we speak, but from first point it requires official tax registration details, so payment is included on the way to glory, its ok but until I register myself I have no clue of the cost. However, THEY REQUIRE FLIGHT PLAN to be submitted every single time prior to launch... As long as I know that was the initial plan but I hoped that they would change their mind somehow....

You threaten my mavic with slavery and death, this is madness...

not true, official reply is that we have changes... check above

Are from Greece? Did you ever went to Santorini?
I am from Greece and I went also in Santorini.
As I told you only need to be careful when you are flying your drone and have an insurance.
No one is gonna care about you, no one is gonna tell you something.
Some laws here are just to be, I know that it sad but that is the truth.......

PS : In Santorini they are many thieves!!! Be aware.

Reactions: Blades and Mr Spock
I am from Greece and I live in Athens. I have been to Santorini 5 times, long before dji ever launched its first quad. People here ask for OFFICIAL information since they want to fly by the book and they try to obey local laws, great news if you ask me...

So OFFICIAL reply is that YES, we have changes and updates in Greece, an as a Greek who is part of this community I try to inform all foreign fellas that want to visit the country. Please inform yourself by reading previous posts. Whether you go by the law or not it is your call. But someone who wants to go by the book and avoid potential penalties must follow new rules by the Greek government.

I am from Greece and I live in Athens. I have been to Santorini 5 times, long before dji ever launched its first quad. People here ask for OFFICIAL information since they want to fly by the book and they try to obey local laws, great news if you ask me...

So OFFICIAL reply is that YES, we have changes and updates in Greece, an as a Greek who is part of this community I try to inform all foreign fellas that want to visit the country. Please inform yourself by reading previous posts. Whether you go by the law or not it is your call. But someone who wants to go by the book and avoid potential penalties must follow new rules by the Greek government.

And now you want to tell me that every time you're flying your drone you are flying it exactly as the law said? Come on know. Now you are going to tell me that when you park your car you are buying time card also [emoji12].

You know that no one is gonna say anything and you know that!
You just scaring the people.
They just to be careful to not destroy any private property and also to have an insurance if they are going to cause any damages....

PS : are you flying below 120m? (I locked mine at 119m).

Reactions: Mr Spock
I am not scaring no one, I am just informing people my friend. Yes i fly below 400ft but I have gone BVLOS on areas that are away from any kind of civilization...

Just completed my registration as a hobbyist, lots of info needed. I also completed my quad registration which needs to be approved by system admin.

Since I can not plot and submit flight plans I got my self playing with the system. Few facts and screen shots:

1) Maps and geolocation seems OK
2) Now sure how easy it will be to plot flight course via touch devices
3) Clear View of Restricted and Danger Areas while on mouse click you can view details regarding potential dangers as well as flight permissions
4) Flight routes by other users(!) along with authorization and active limitation details on click

You can check it yourself by entering the web app here Drone Aware - GR

1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG 4.JPG

PS: No fees asked yet...

I completely agree with Hexagon. Official rules and regulations are there and we should be responsible and inform the drone community about them.

@Hexagon , thanks for taking the time to explain the different points. :)

Reactions: Hexagon
well iam leaving Monday from LA to Santorini... next couple of days ill try to register my Mavic somehow ...but will be hard since is only on Greek...any direct link or few steps what exactly to door maybe a screenshots ? Thanks !

well iam leaving Monday from LA to Santorini... next couple of days ill try to register my Mavic somehow ...but will be hard since is only on Greek...any direct link or few steps what exactly to door maybe a screenshots ? Thanks !

Unfortunately there is no plan for visitors (at least not yet) :(

I would say yes ... i would do the same.

as longest they don't say anything at the custom once i get in the country (and don't think they can say anything if iam not flying it lol) ...i think ill be fine...

@mildim thank you for the understanding.

@Nasko and all other friends who have plans visiting Greece: Just talked again on the phone with the Hellenic Aviation Academy and asked for specific instructions regarding tourists, especially now that there is a registration process but English is not supported as we speak. Good news, you can send an email at [email protected] and ask for a copy of the registration form regarding tourists.They will email you the form and all other instructions asap.

A typical email would look like:

Hello, my name is xxxx xxxxxxx, I am visiting the island of Santorini next week and I would like to register my drone. Please send me the registration form as well as instructions if available.

Thank you

If you encounter any problems do not hesitate to post back again so I can try to push more via telephone...

Reactions: Nasko

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volpe