DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Italy and Greece drone regulation

@Hexagon how ab the don't get back to me by Monday which is very likely because is almost the weekend ? am i gonna be ok to bring the drone even without the registration ?

@Hexagon how ab the don't get back to me by Monday which is very likely because is almost the weekend ? am i gonna be ok to bring the drone even without the registration ?
I think you will be just fine! I would do the exact same thing. But you can try sending the email, you might get the form today or even monday.

For the record you can get your reply email at your mobile phone connected to the hotel's wifi in santorini and reply back.

Off the record you will be just fine as long as you fly safe and away from crowdy areas and beaches.

I think you will be just fine! I would do the exact same thing. But you can try sending the email, you might get the form today or even monday.

For the record you can get your reply email at your mobile phone connected to the hotel's wifi in santorini and reply back.

Off the record you will be just fine as long as you fly safe and away from crowdy areas and beaches.

i already did send the email so let's see when and what will be the respond...

Reactions: Hexagon
I just got a notification that my mavic registration has been approved by the new web app. I logged in immediately in order to plot a new flight. A few remarks:

1) plotting a flight plan seems easy once you practice a bit. I think that someone who is not very involved with computers will find a hard time figuring out what is what. I am a senior programmer and I was quite confused at some parts BUT they do have good FAQs and a pdf tutorial.
2) A one hour margin before flight is required in order to submit a flight plan, so if I am in a hurry I am grounded.
3) Approval or denial is very fast. It seems like an automated system with some kind of algorithm which instantly calculates if your flight plan is OK
4) I think that plotting a flight on a touch screen device requires more effort
5) No fees are required AT ALL for recreational flyers!
6) Fees for professional flyers are 25 euros per month or 300 euros per year!

My flight plan got approved instantly. I am warming my buzzing engines!

1.JPG

so then just take it with me and don't register it...fly and be careful huh?
yes yes yes. some of us insist here for a reason... just be sensible and do not disturbed others, stay away from city centres and gov facilities etc. Go shoot the sea side or something u be fine.

as longest they don't say anything at the custom once i get in the country (and don't think they can say anything if iam not flying it lol) ...i think ill be fine...
they don't say anything in the customs

Reactions: Nasko
I just got a notification that my mavic registration has been approved by the new web app. I logged in immediately in order to plot a new flight. A few remarks:

1) plotting a flight plan seems easy once you practice a bit. I think that someone who is not very involved with computers will find a hard time figuring out what is what. I am a senior programmer and I was quite confused at some parts BUT they do have good FAQs and a pdf tutorial.
2) A one hour margin before flight is required in order to submit a flight plan, so if I am in a hurry I am grounded.
3) Approval or denial is very fast. It seems like an automated system with some kind of algorithm which instantly calculates if your flight plan is OK
4) I think that plotting a flight on a touch screen device requires more effort
5) No fees are required AT ALL for recreational flyers!
6) Fees for professional flyers are 25 euros per month or 300 euros per year!

My flight plan got approved instantly. I am warming my buzzing engines!

View attachment 13653

Wow , thanks for this ! I am positively surprised to be honest :)

Reactions: Hexagon
Wow , thanks for this ! I am positively surprised to be honest :)

if you take time to check the web app (Drone Aware - GR no need to register to check areas), you will be amazed by the restrictions in almost all of our islands. 8km radius in all airports (logical) but tons of Heliport Perimeters which require human authorization after flight plan submission.

A small example above Paros, Naxos, Amorgos, Ios, Sikinos, Santorini, Anafi, Serifos etc... just WoW!
1.JPG

Thank you for the reply. I'll be on a cruise to Mykonos and Santorini in June. If you see another Mavic user, feel free to say Hi cause it could be me! Haha

I'll be doing same trip to those islands. Hope to bring my MP with me.

Hello Hexagon! I was reading all the work you did about drone registration. You did a lot of research. Thank you so much for this. Still I have a question. I just recently bought my drone and I want to take it with me to Greece / athene for a few nice shots. Not of the historical building and so on but just of tourist shots. The only thing is I am afraid the custom at the airport in Greece will take my drone once I want to enter greece when I don't register my drone... Is my fear true or false? :)

Regulation –General framework for flights of Unmanned AircraftSystems - UAS Greece
in detail here: https://dagr.hcaa.gr/docs/HCAA UAS Regulation.pdf

Hello Hexagon! I was reading all the work you did about drone registration. You did a lot of research. Thank you so much for this. Still I have a question. I just recently bought my drone and I want to take it with me to Greece / athene for a few nice shots. Not of the historical building and so on but just of tourist shots. The only thing is I am afraid the custom at the airport in Greece will take my drone once I want to enter greece when I don't register my drone... Is my fear true or false? :)

Hello @Suan , I think that you will be just fine. If you want to go by the book you can bring with you the official registration papers from your country, you can also send an email at [email protected] and ask for a copy of the registration form regarding tourists.They will email you the form and all other instructions asap.

A typical email would look like:

Hello, my name is xxxx xxxxxxx, I am visiting the island of Santorini next week and I would like to register my drone. Please send me the registration form as well as instructions if available.

Thank you

PS: It might be hard to find a peaceful spot in the center of Athens to take off...

Reactions: Eagleyes
Hello @Suan , I think that you will be just fine. If you want to go by the book you can bring with you the official registration papers from your country, you can also send an email at [email protected] and ask for a copy of the registration form regarding tourists.They will email you the form and all other instructions asap.

A typical email would look like:

Hello, my name is xxxx xxxxxxx, I am visiting the island of Santorini next week and I would like to register my drone. Please send me the registration form as well as instructions if available.

Thank you

PS: It might be hard to find a peaceful spot in the center of Athens to take off...

still waiting for the reply email @Hexagon :( and iam already at the airport in LA about to take off on my way to Greece...

@Nasko I will give them a call first thing in the morning (about 11 hours from now) and I will get back to you. I was hoping they were a bit faster but I was wrong...

@Nasko I will give them a call first thing in the morning (about 11 hours from now) and I will get back to you. I was hoping they were a bit faster but I was wrong...

yeah if you don't mind...i have a layover in Amsterdam so hopefully they'll send it by then...

Called again this morning, they told me that they will send you the form asap. Kindly asked them if the procedure can be faster for all tourists since some of them are visiting Greece quite soon. They said that they will try their best.

They also informed me that almost all the islands, including the biggest part of Santorini, are "officially" nfz since there are helicopters that conduct tours for sightseeing at low altitudes. I dont want to panic no one and I surely dont consider my self "drone police", I am just saying plz play safe to avoid problems...

You can always check your location via your mobile phone by visiting Drone Aware - GR. No registration needed.

Reactions: HaWu and Nasko
Thx to @Nasko who finally got the form you are now able to save time by getting the form directly from here. SO, if you plan to visit Greece for vacations and you want to go by the book (totally up to you) here it is:

OFFICIAL REPLY, DETAILS AND FORM

Dear Sir,
Thank you for contacting Hellenic Civil Aviation Authority (HCAA).
Since January 1st 2017 a new regulation concerning Drone operation in Greece is in place (Official Government Gazette ΦΕΚ Β’ 3152/30.9.2016, attached in EN Version).
All Drones with flight capability >50m must be register. Registration in HCAA’s Data Base requires Greek Tax Registry identification.
For citizens of EU countries national state registration is accepted. For non EU countries citizens CAA’s approval & registration policy will be considered. (I think they mean 'will be used instead')
In order to operate a Drone in Greece there is a general rule permitting drone operation in a distance as shown in the picture below. Flights are prohibited beyond sunset and above persons and infrastructure (at least 50m distance) and all safety measure must be undertaken. All national and EU Data Privacy legislation must be observed.

Drone flights are permitted in areas (Free Flying Zones) where no restrictions applies (Civil Aviation, Military, Security, Archaeological, etc). This information can be retrieved using a new on-line application that can be found in our website: http://dagr.hcaa.gr.

All other fights (> 50m in free flying zones) must be approved by HCAA. An application form can be filled and send via email. The application form is attached.
In the form you have to include drone Registration No and if this is N/A you have to submit full drone details (S/N, Model, characteristics, etc.). Flying area in WGS84 coordinates must be stated.
All personal details must be included (Name, ID, Address, etc) and a valid Mobile Number in order HCAA or local authorities (Local ATC units, Police, etc) may contact you.
We inform you that you have the obligation to inform the local authorities (Police and Municipality Authorities) for your flights.
As far as your flight plan, in Free Flying Zones, you can send it, via email, maximum 3 days prior to your flight and you will receive HCAA’s response.
We hope that the above mentioned information will be helpful to you and we remain at your disposal for any additional questions.

image001.jpg image002.jpg

Attachments

• HCAA UAS Regulation Final.pdf
    184.4 KB · Views: 31
  • Application-form.pdf
    314.3 KB · Views: 57
Reactions: Eagleyes
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics