DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

'It's disgusting'; surveillance shows drone flying outside woman's window at night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting understanding. Keep pushing those alternative facts :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: sar104
As a former investigative reporter I have admit this is poor journalism. The story is filled with inept reporting.

Had I been assigned such a story I would have quickly checked out the background of the woman reporting the allegations, called the camera company to check out infra red artifacts, Gotten a well regarded drone pilot to comment on the possibility of night flight in that back yard, and with all that information in hand I would have begged my producer to not do the story. In fact, I had dozens of stories over the years I killed myself based on a simple checking of the facts.

It's nothing new in TV news these days. It's always been this way. Speed of reporting with little checking, pressure to get something on the air, and knowing what attracts viewers. Pathetic, and all too common.

Reactions: JDawg and sar104
And in China the "truth" is whatever the government tells you it is. If the government tells you the sky is yellow, then by god it is. For your sake ... you better report it that way ... China doesn't "deal" with the media, China controls the media.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Mr. Salty
I'm not sure it's either worthwhile or necessary to rebut someone who suggests the Chinese government as a good example of how to ensure a healthy news media, and cites the President as a credible authority on press honesty. You asked me for a better word to describe your statements, so I was just trying to help. Actually "delusional" is probably a rather charitable description of those views.

Reactions: JDawg
I do not believe the media "lies in general" but that is his dog whistle for his minions. Fake news, alternative facts, truth isn't truth... I had no ideahow gulllible people were until recently.

I do not believe that is a drone in the video but it does not reflect on the media/news in general anymore than any other outlier.

train-derail.jpg

Reactions: Lazaro68 and JDawg
Maybe it is the new DJI Klathos, equipped with Klingon cloaking ability. Looks like it was cloaked to me is all I’m saying.

I don’t see how that’s possible given how many proclamations you end with “it’s my understanding,” and those proclamations are wrong.

Who owns all the media? In the U.S., there are some big players, but all told there are hundreds if not thousands of companies that own the national and local TV stations, radio stations and newspapers.

Of course in China, all the media is state owned and controlled.

News anchors aren’t reporters and don’t claim to be. They’re essentially hosts who introduce pieces by individual reporters, who are identified as such.

I hope you can think of it, because I’ve worked in print journalism for 30 years and have never heard of such a thing, in print or broadcast.

No, that’s not how reporting works. Reporters are not “told a story line.”

I can guarantee you how this story came about: This woman called the station claiming to have this shocking video, the assigning editor sent the reporter out to interview her, then was too lazy to seek out another source. All he would have had to do was seek out a local hobby shop that sells drones and ask them to look at the footage and it would have been debunked.

But he broke one of the cardinal rules of journalism: He relied on a single source. And for that his bosses should hold his feet to the fire.

Meanwhile, you’re calling anyone who points out the fallacies of your posts trolls, delusional and worse.

You might want to rethink that strategy.

Hey Lake - sounds like you have been busy taking those long range picture -(joking)-
I do agree with you - a lot of other ways to take pictures without being seen-or noticed.
Yes, I did, but only once for a minute, since I look out over a beach, and I felt like a filthy intruder, won't do that again. I wasn't prepared for it. From my balcony people on the beach are barely viewable. With that 60 x zoom 4K (even 200 x in 1080p) it's insane. Never expected that. I looked somebody straight in the face, he couldn't see me from that distance, but it felt like close eye contact.
Now many people buy such bridge camera's, there smokin hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54