DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Its finally out! The SC support for MA2!

WHOOPS, I meant to say that the SC comes with the DJI GO APP loaded on it... Sorry about that. Maybe someone can confirm, but I think it may be possible to load the DJI Fly APP on the SC. I don't want to give out bad information though!

WHOOPS, I meant to say that the SC comes with the DJI GO APP loaded on it... Sorry about that. Maybe someone can confirm, but I think it may be possible to load the DJI Fly APP on the SC. I don't want to give out bad information though!

The new update loads DJI Fly onto the SC as per release notes ;)

Overview:

• Date: 2020.09.22
  • Smart Controller Firmware: v01.00.0820
  • DJI GO 4 App: v4.3.36
  • DJI Pilot App: v1.8.0
  • DJI Fly App: V1.1.6
  • DJI Assistant 2: DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic v2.0.14
The SC is much like the CrystalSky and unlike standard devices. They update the whole system as a module vice a firmware/software App side only update. :)

Having a problem here in the States. It downloads to 99 percent and continues to try to finish that last 1 percent but just keeps running to try to complete the download. This new version is V01.00.0820. Yep, it is supposed to provide compatibility with the MA2. No luck after about 45 minutes of running, stuck on 99 percent.
Update: Uploaded fine through Assistant 2 Mavic after abandoning WiFi. It did require a factory reset on the controller to ensure there was enough memory available.

Reactions: Chartmarker
This should quell all the fears from the naysayers, the future belongs to the SC, and I would bet all new DJI drones will work with it. it is way to easy to use, forget all the **** cables and connectors. Turn on and fly!! There is no way DJI built this beast for the Mavic2 Pro and Zoom only. I almost signed on to the competition until I saw their controller , very similar to the DJi ones. The SC is a game changer, and cheap in my opinion.

Yes, agree, unless you want to be a beta tester. :). I purchased the SC for the MA2 so that is why I don’t have a lot of patience...
One would think that SC compatibility with new drones would be towards the top of their must do list before releasing it.

This should quell all the fears from the naysayers, the future belongs to the SC, and I would bet all new DJI drones will work with it. it is way to easy to use, forget all the **** cables and connectors. Turn on and fly!! There is no way DJI built this beast for the Mavic2 Pro and Zoom only. I almost signed on to the competition until I saw their controller , very similar to the DJi ones. The SC is a game changer, and cheap in my opinion.
Sure, get us hooked & then come out with SC II ;) Yup, I can see it now ..... Mavic 3 Pro & SC II :)

Cheers, Jon

I have a m2p and didn’t want the update, but for some reason it would not allow me to fly until I updated. One hour later stuck at 60% down loaded. Removed sd card then stuck at 99%. In the end did a restore on the SC and used DJI assistant on the pc and eventually managed to down load.
Same happened to me. In the end I used the assistant and it went through ok.

I'm sure the SC supports HDMI out using the MA2, but just want to confirm. Got a pair of Glyph googles : ) Tried a battery powered Apple TV through my phone... A little laggy, but every so often it will just freeze for a while. Not good lol.

Is the SC screen better in daylight than an iPhone X? Does it use DJI Fly or another software app for drone control?

Yes its brighter also it has fans so if you fly for awhile it won't overhit and dim on you mid-flight like an iPhone. I prefer the SC 100%. Plus if I'm shooting for film and want to match other cameras I can use the HDMI out and have scopes and waveforms.

Reactions: MA2 317
Yes its brighter also it has fans so if you fly for awhile it won't overhit and dim on you mid-flight like an iPhone. I prefer the SC 100%. Plus if I'm shooting for film and want to match other cameras I can use the HDMI out and have scopes and waveforms.
So does the HDMI out work with the Mavic Air 2?

Have been through all the posted problems here and other threads, yes, sucks for the clunkiness of the install. Took me 1½ days, simply because I didn't have the patience to sit and watch, touching the OK and Retry prompts, even saw where the original USB A-C cable had to be used rather than a quality off the shelf cable. Was freeking when messages came up not enough storage, all was to be deleted, option to format!!!!!! Bloody Hell. But persevered with the latest DJI Asst 2 connected to the MA2, and eventually after many restarts, all happened. Have 6 aircraft options now, simplified connection. Just such a pitty DJI software engineers don't have easy installs, finished product OK, but installs are slow and clunky. being from an IT coding background.
And, to promote all the pros and cons of the SC, once had, one wonders why persevere with the alternative, and I have used an A3 Samsung 10" tablet on a Zoom with a bracket, but particularly in agriculture where I am now, the convenience of the SC to get up and photographing leave the others for dead, as even if having a dedicated phone/tablet, assembly still needs to happen, but the SC, switch on each device, up and away. And of course the screen on its own out in bright Aussie sunlight and old eyes.

But great now I have the one dedicated controller for the 3 aircraft we use, M2P, M2Z & MA2. Not sure where the Air2 fits, but will persevere. Have yet to see if DJI PE still runs. Presuming the DJI GO 4 is over run by DJI Fly like downloaded on the phones. Wandering if Drone Deploy and Litchi are now compatible?

Have been through all the posted problems here and other threads, yes, sucks for the clunkiness of the install. Took me 1½ days, simply because I didn't have the patience to sit and watch, touching the OK and Retry prompts, even saw where the original USB A-C cable had to be used rather than a quality off the shelf cable. Was freeking when messages came up not enough storage, all was to be deleted, option to format!!!!!! Bloody Hell. But persevered with the latest DJI Asst 2 connected to the MA2, and eventually after many restarts, all happened. Have 6 aircraft options now, simplified connection. Just such a pitty DJI software engineers don't have easy installs, finished product OK, but installs are slow and clunky. being from an IT coding background.
And, to promote all the pros and cons of the SC, once had, one wonders why persevere with the alternative, and I have used an A3 Samsung 10" tablet on a Zoom with a bracket, but particularly in agriculture where I am now, the convenience of the SC to get up and photographing leave the others for dead, as even if having a dedicated phone/tablet, assembly still needs to happen, but the SC, switch on each device, up and away. And of course the screen on its own out in bright Aussie sunlight and old eyes.

But great now I have the one dedicated controller for the 3 aircraft we use, M2P, M2Z & MA2. Not sure where the Air2 fits, but will persevere. Have yet to see if DJI PE still runs. Presuming the DJI GO 4 is over run by DJI Fly like downloaded on the phones. Wandering if Drone Deploy and Litchi are now compatible?
I know it’s alway nice to just ‘dive in’ but the release notes did make it clear that the SC update needed to be done via DJI Assistant. I did this and the install was faultless (if a bit slow)

How well does the smart controller fit in cases designed for the MA2 controller? They look to be very similar in shape and size. I have a Nanuk case and I’m just curious if the smart controller will fit in there and how it will fit (will there be a lot of room and it moves around a lot or will it be too snug)? Thinking of picking one up! Thanks!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki