DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

It's here, It's here, It's here

Cheaptoad

Reactions
My M2P just arrived today. I'm almost scared to take it out of the box.

I think I'll take it out and let it just "air out" like a fine wine.

I'll continue to watch a few videos before attempting to do anything. Then probably in late September when my schedule allows, I'll contact one of you fine people to meet up and really take this baby out.

BTW, thanx to everyone that gave me advice and told me I could reach out whenever I needed.

Time to open the box

Thanx

Steve

I think I'll order another battery. Looks weird with only 3 in the charger.

Just took 20 minutes to change out the USB C from the Apple Cable - That's my speed atm.

Is there a step by step tutorial unboxing anyone can suggest?

Last edited:
Never enough batteries :)

I am assuming you are in the USA. Go to a local Tiny Whoop race or local AMA flying field (they are everywhere). Talk to some folks. Find one who flys DJI stuff. Ask for his/her help. Enjoy, fly, learn, fly some more. In a year, you will laugh at your “today” self. Patience, Grasshopper. (to steal a phrase).

Congrats! With my first drone it took me days to take my M2P out to pilot it. I joined the forum weeks before ordering, learned to take my time after reading several crash reports.

Reactions: Neil Reid
Welcome to the Forum! Put 'er in Beginner Mode and try it out. You'll be amazed at the how easy it will be!

I'll continue to watch a few videos before attempting to do anything. Then probably in late September when my schedule allows, I'll contact one of you fine people to meet up and really take this baby out.

BTW, thanx to everyone that gave me advice and told me I could reach out whenever I needed.

Time to open the box

Thanx

Steve
Congratulations, have fun

Congrats! With my first drone it took me days to take my M2P out to pilot it. I joined the forum weeks before ordering, learned to take my time after reading several crash reports.
That’s the best you can do learn from other people’s mistakes but best advice I can give is learn how to manually land and take off

Time to open the box

Thanx

Steve
Many congratulations! A very exciting day. Received mine a week ago, and yes, it's a bit intimidating to fly at first but you'll gain proficiency soon. Watch videos like those from Ed Ricker for those new to the Mavic Pro.

Advice from a fellow newbie (20 flights now on my MP so still pretty green)-

1) Take your time. Impatience will cause you problems.

2) Find "Beginner Mode" on the DJI 4 app which you'll need, and turn that on for your first few flights.

3) Find a wide open flat space with no trees or structures nearby on your first few flights.

4) If you get in a pinch while flying, simply take both hands off the joy sticks and it'll stop and hover until you think your way through the situation. Go real easy on the joy sticks- small and smooth movements on the sticks.

5) At first, land with more than 5 or 6 mins remaining on your batteries. It'll freak you out when you get a low battery warning and it zooms to 100 feet in the air for a return to home when you're a newb.

6) Have a checklist. Remember to remove 2 (two) gimbal locks before you fly.

7) Stick close to this site as there are a lot of experts here (I'm not one of them). YouTube is also a treasure trove for new drone owners.

Have fun!

Last edited:
Many congratulations! A very exciting day. Received mine a week ago, and yes, it's a bit intimidating to fly at first but you'll gain proficiency soon. Watch videos like those from Ed Ricker for those new to the Mavic Pro.

Advice from a fellow newbie (20 flights now on my MP so still pretty green)-

1) Take your time. Impatience will cause you problems.

2) Find "Beginner Mode" on the DJI 4 app which you'll need, and turn that on for your first few flights.

3) Find a wide open flat space with no trees or structures nearby on your first few flights.

4) If you get in a pinch while flying, simply take both hands off the joy sticks and it'll stop and hover until you think your way through the situation. Go real easy on the joy sticks- small and smooth movements on the sticks.

5) At first, land with more than 5 or 6 mins remaining on your batteries. It'll freak you out when you get a low battery warning and it zooms to 100 feet in the air for a return to home when you're a newb.

6) Have a checklist. Remember to remove 2 (two) gimbal locks before you fly.

7) Stick close to this site as there are a lot of experts here (I'm not one of them). YouTube is also a treasure trove for new drone owners.

Have fun!
And beware of cinematic mode! It was the root cause of my only crash so far. Flew into a tree instead of stopping, fortunately the drone was okay.

Reactions: Neil Reid
Took my first flight today with the help of a member of the local Drone Group. It was very helpful. I now have enough knowledge to severely injure myself. lol

I can take off,shot a few shots and land. I call that a win

Nice work man!

You reminded me of myself when I first got my drone, I procrastinated actually taking it up in the air out of fear of crashing it until my girlfriend pointed out that I didn't pay $2000 for a paper weight haha.

After the first flight I never looked back, I was angry at myself for waiting so long ?

Remember, whatever happens, they still make them! Can always get another :)

Happy flying.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661