DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

It's here, It's here, It's here

Took my first flight today with the help of a member of the local Drone Group. It was very helpful. I now have enough knowledge to severely injure myself. lol

I can take off,shot a few shots and land. I call that a win

For sure! Congrats! Just try flying around slowly without looking at the screen too much, to learn how to control it. Also, it's actually pretty safe to go up to 100' or so, above the trees and power lines, and practice flying. It's nice when you don't have to worry about running into anything. Be especially careful about flying backwards and sideways trying to get 'that shot'!

Reactions: Drgnfli
Oh come on. Get that sucker in the air. We are not descended from fearful men. Good night and good luck!
AWESOME response sir . . . I'm dying laughing.

Reactions: passedpawn
Took my first flight today with the help of a member of the local Drone Group. It was very helpful. I now have enough knowledge to severely injure myself. lol

I can take off,shot a few shots and land. I call that a win
So happy for you cheaptoad . . . maaaaan I remember when mine arrived on a Saturday . . . I was pacing . . . waiting for the AMAZON delivery man to deliver it and get my signature for it. I didn't sleep that night.

Go spin up cheaptoad!!

Time to fly. I was so excited when mine came. Flew it everywhere outside and Inside . It was the best of times

Reactions: Skywatcher2001
If Cadillac built a drone this is what it would feel like when you fly it that's the feeling I got when I first flew mine compared to the other drones that I flown

Now I'm stuck at work for the next few days. No flying for me. :-(

EDIT: Flying in the house tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My dog will freak out. That's what she gets for stealing my stuff.

Last edited:
If you take it out of the box, it’ll get dusty! Then you’re done for! You’ll just have to fly it to get the dust off! Good on you!

Just fly on a big open grass field without trees nearby, open places are low risk. Just keep the drone close in the beginning, the slowly start to go further and further as you get more comfortable.

Here is some advice, you sent $2K on a drone now got take a class that teaches you how to fly it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seaphotos